Unofficial Mills

help quincy

Mr_Quincy

in my real life i am planning to cycle around the world sometime in 2006 probably leaving my house in april. i will be in europe for about 4-5 months, going to watch the world cup in germany, then most countries in europe, a lot are easy but a few im a bit worried about like iran and then the middle east through to india. india will be ok, then i think i will have to get a boat to thailand and then malaysia japan hong kong etc should be ok. then boat to australia and then newzealand. then across somehow boat preferably to hawaii to do some surfing. then from there to alaska then south through canada, usa, mexico, bloivia, peru, brazil, chile, el salvador and then argentina. boat to the falklands then across to south africa then up to europe again through zimbabwe (very dodgy) namibia, kenya, sahara desert, then egypt, morrocco and back up through spain and france then the ferry to portsmouth. this will probably take me about 3 years and ive got £5k saved, so im hoping to save like a maniac up until april and get about £11k to take. im planning on camping most places and obviously i wont have to pay any air fares. basically i want a website for me so i can keep an online diary and put pictures on so that my pals and family can see my wacky adventures when i am awol. anyone know where i can make a website (its gotta be easy cos im shat at computers) or wanna make one on my behalf??

RRROOOAAARRR!!!!

in my real life i am planning to cycle around the world sometime in 2006 probably leaving my house in april. i will be in europe for about 4-5 months, going to watch the world cup in germany, then most countries in europe, a lot are easy but a few im a bit worried about like iran and then the middle east through to india. india will be ok, then i think i will have to get a boat to thailand and then malaysia japan hong kong etc should be ok. then boat to australia and then newzealand. then across somehow boat preferably to hawaii to do some surfing. then from there to alaska then south through canada, usa, mexico, bloivia, peru, brazil, chile, el salvador and then argentina. boat to the falklands then across to south africa then up to europe again through zimbabwe (very dodgy) namibia, kenya, sahara desert, then egypt, morrocco and back up through spain and france then the ferry to portsmouth. this will probably take me about 3 years and ive got £5k saved, so im hoping to save like a maniac up until april and get about £11k to take. im planning on camping most places and obviously i wont have to pay any air fares. basically i want a website for me so i can keep an online diary and put pictures on so that my pals and family can see my wacky adventures when i am awol. anyone know where i can make a website (its gotta be easy cos im shat at computers) or wanna make one on my behalf??

if you wanted do one yourself, try freewebs, it's all easy for people who know minimal about computers, like myself.

http://www.freewebs.com

good luck!

Wow, thats some serious stuff Quincy! Do beasts have to have vacinations? Becuase you will need a lot of them! To be honest you will have to have a reliable website, i would reccomend atgig.com but they are up and down all of the time... So i would reccomend a free site with a photobucket account...

on the grid.

Wow, thats some serious stuff Quincy! Do beasts have to have vacinations? Becuase you will need a lot of them! To be honest you will have to have a reliable website, i would reccomend atgig.com but they are up and down all of the time... So i would reccomend a free site with a photobucket account...

yes i have to have all sorts of injections and tablets. also i have to watch out for people trying to shoot me and landmines, dodgy checkpoints, poisonus animals, wild dogs/bears/lions etc and getting all kinds of diseases from food and water.

RRROOOAAARRR!!!!

Hi,

We would be pleased to help out in any way we can. We would supply you with a domain name for your trip as well as email and webspace and a Blog for you to update as you go.

we will build and look after it for free for you. :-)

We would host the site and look after all of it for you. Please feel free to contact me.

James Ash

Jamcamedia

Im pretty shat at the computer side of things too but just to wish u all the best even though its like ages away, what's it all about anyway? why are you doin it? ;-)

no need. i will be camping most nights, its like a few dollars to stay in a campsite each night. in places like india and iran i will find hotel rooms for peanuts. the expensive places will be canada and alaska, im not to sure about camping outdoors there because of the cold and because of bears.

RRROOOAAARRR!!!!

no need. i will be camping most nights, its like a few dollars to stay in a campsite each night. in places like india and iran i will find hotel rooms for peanuts. the expensive places will be canada and alaska, im not to sure about camping outdoors there because of the cold and because of bears.

You're a best. You should be able to tackle bears. Shame you cant take some type of rifle with you...

on the grid.

well i could buy one in canada or america.

im looking for a bike, the one i want is a combination of a mountain bike and a road bike, i might have to get one custom made and it will cost about £1000, then i will need all luggage holders on it and it will add about 3 stone of weight if you include 8 litre water tanks. then i will need to buy a decent waterproof tent and sleepingbag and a stove. argh

RRROOOAAARRR!!!!

well i could buy one in canada or america.

im looking for a bike, the one i want is a combination of a mountain bike and a road bike, i might have to get one custom made and it will cost about £1000, then i will need all luggage holders on it and it will add about 3 stone of weight if you include 8 litre water tanks. then i will need to buy a decent waterproof tent and sleepingbag and a stove. argh

Quncy look for a bike called a "Marin". I have one, they are one of the best. I biked from Llangollen in Wales last year back into Wolverhampoton and it didn't fail me once. I rid it part canal and part road and it was great, solid and robust. They make different types of bikes for different things, have a look on the website:-

http://www.marin.co.uk/marin-2005/index.php

on the grid.