Unofficial Mills

Buckfast Boy?

ortonangel

I love the way the McDonald Bros repertoire consists entirely of scottish "classics" like the "I'm gonna be (500 miles)" and "Shang-a-lang"

A party ain't a party until a random turns up with a bottle of Bucky!

Apparently the largest sales of Buckfast in the UK are in the "Buckfast Triangle" of Airdrie, Cumbernauld and Coatbridge, and the actual Buckfast monks donated a load of money to a hospital there.

caitlynmac.png

Ryan Murphy, 17, said: "Gangs of kids come through from Buckhaven and Methil because they've been moved on from their own streets.

"We end up getting a bad name and the blame for all the trouble they cause.

"It's easy to get some adults to buy Buckfast and the shopkeepers don't have a clue what's going on.

"There's nothing to do around here and everyone is bored."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/rss/newsfeed/tm_headline=night-of-the-living-ned--&method=full&objectid=18860448&siteid=66633-name_page.html

I think The Record may have sensationalised this story a bit... and I'd totally forgot that shopping is called "messages" - another word for the Scottish Lingo thread :)

UM is a nice place

lol @ us Fifers:

In Fife, which has an unenviable reputation as a hotbed of widespread anti-social conduct by youngsters, police are now trying to shame parents into taking control of their children.

glitzy.jpg

You could, but my point is it'd be boring for everyone who isn't in Norfolk. There's a Scottish lingo thread, this, and some thread about STIs, Rivercity and NHS in Scotland or something. Try sticking to keeping your parish council meetings to one thread ;)