John's Movie Club

John

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Toy Story 3 is awesome. I want to see the A-Team remake but I won't like it if they actually kill somebody. Boo. I'ma go by the end of the month so I can use my cinema voucher so probably on the 27thish when I've been paid... then I'll come back and bemoan it not being as awesome

There/ They're/ Their. Different words.

• 3 weeks later...
New movie out in December... the follow up to Meet the Parents and Meet the Fockers called Little Fockers! http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0970866/

I saw Meet The Parents, I think. I was sleeping round my friend's house and she was making lemonade, whilst her mum wanted to take us to Matalan. I think my friend wanted to watch Meet The Fockers, but it was a 12 or something, and her brother refused to let us have it until he saw some ID. Then he laughed for about 10 minutes when he saw my passport photo.

Uhm. Well, I wouldn't watch the one I did watch again, but it passed time.

OMASM. Radio presenters are like fruit. Matt is my kumquat and Scott is blatantly my orange.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wondering: does anyone happen to listen to the 'audio commentary' on DVD's? I've started to listen to some of them, they can be a good insight into how the film was made, but occasionally you find some comedy gems on them, for example, the Anchorman audio commentary. You don't learn anything about the film, but its just brilliant from start to finish!

Unrelated news... heard today that Sacha Baron Cohen (Ali G, Borat etc) is down to play Freddie Mercury in a film about Queen. What do you think about this? Good choice? I think this is a chance for him to show us he can play 'serious'.

take control

• 8 months later...

i just ate a club biscuit and thought of this thread.

it seems they could get away with anything in the 70's, the theme song is catchy though:-

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/i-Fig_LoBy4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

on the grid.

I watched Brüno the other day. Anyone seen it? Haha. I also watched Hot Fuzz for the millionth time, something like Teach Your Dragon To Fly, Jennifer's Body and I feel asleep during Scream. :)

OMASM. Radio presenters are like fruit. Matt is my kumquat and Scott is blatantly my orange.

Only movie really around at the moment that I wanna see is Senna (but then I am massively into motorsports and the guy was quite simply a legend). I have heard various reports of Pirates 4 and they all seem to be at the extremes, it was either Fantastic or an utter pile of tosh depending on who I listen to.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

Love Hot Fuzz! Yeah, I need to see so many films.

To Watch List

-The Hangover

-The Truman Show

-The Hangover Part II

If anyone can think of any others, then let me know :D

Truman Show is really really good.

For some reason I've never got round to watching The Hangover! Is it as good as everyone makes out?

take control

For some reason I've never got round to watching The Hangover! Is it as good as everyone makes out?

it's ok, makes me laugh but it's very 'american' comedy. not as good as what we can do in other words, i mean look at 'friends' for fucks sake.

on the grid.

• 1 month later...

Bringing this back....

There is some brilliant movies coming up in the next year. The most important of which The Inbetweeners Movie on the 19th August. You need wellies for that....

Final Destination 5 on 26th August

Johnny English Reborn - 7th October 2011

Paranormal Activity 3 - 21st October

Happy Feet 2 - 2nd December

Puss in Boots - 9th December (Shrek spin-off)

American Reunion - 6th April 2012 (New American Pie film - original cast reunited)

Men In Black 3 - 23rd May 2012

Ice Age: Continental Drift - 6th July 2012

take control