John

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

With Halloween fast approaching we are getting lots of horror related movies in the cinemas!

Rob Zombies Halloween is out in the coming weeks. Looks very sick and very twisted. What do we expect from the director that brought us House Of A Thousand Corpses? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0373883/

Also Saw IV is on its way. Little is known about it though. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0890870/

What is everyones favourite horror/halloween related film?

take control

• 1 month later...

Just watched Priscilla Queen of the Desert for at least the tenth time! I LOVE this film so much. The script is so witty and bitchy. Guy Pearce looks great in a basque too!

How come the Australians can make such hilarious independent quirky comedies? Strictly Ballroom and Muriel's Wedding are both wonderful films too.

Then you have the outstanding Baz Luhrmann with his totally accessible Romeo and Juliet and Moulin Rouge.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

How come the Australians can make such hilarious independent quirky comedies? Strictly Ballroom and Muriel's Wedding are both wonderful films too.

Not just comedies either, Australia produces only several movies per year but they're often always of outstanding quality: Bad Boy Bubby, Wolf Creek, Picnic at Hanging Rock, Mad Max to name but a few...

• 1 month later...
Napoleon Dynamite is on in an hour. I have heard such good things about this film.

Does anyone here have an opinion? Is it worth a watch?

Apparently not... Wasn't very good was it.

Wound up watching the recent Transformers film instead - which while being amusing and a real spectacle falls massively short on actual storyline. Shame, but then its origin is a set of toys I suppose...

It does take a couple of viewings to properly get into Napoleon Dynamite, I didn't really like it when I first saw it but then suddenly decided I did like it after all when I saw it again. Most of the humour's quite subtle and you do have to be in a specific age group in order to sppreciate it. But it is a good film.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

I love Napolean Dynamite :D and Transformers was an amazing film. I was hooked on the old cartoon series as a child too! Here are some of my personal favourites:

• The Green Mile
  • Lord of the Rings, 1 - 3
  • The Matrix 1,2 & 3
  • Transformers
  • Spiderman 1, 2 & 3
  • Star Wars 1 - 6

All amazing films, in my opinion.

The most heroic act is the one that no-one knows about.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just watched the Family Guy Star Wars spoof DVD.

It was really amusing. I was either grinning or laughing out loud the whole way through.

Best if you've seen see Star Wars Episode 1 first I think, but I highly recommend this.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.