Unofficial Mills

Mrs J Whiley - time she went elsewhere? i.e Radio 2 or 6?

Ad

I'm going to direct some of my hate towards Jo Whiley, well when I say hate, what I really mean is dislike for her. I don't know how long she's been on Radio 1, but I think its time Radio 1 brought in someone new - like an up and coming presenter or promote an existing Presenter to that slot.

She's like Steve Lamcaq (who's great when he's ****ed, so is Mills ;)) in the respect they don't represent the listenership - whatever age bracket it is. Its time Radio looked for a replacement, as the show is old and dated. The station needs someone to carry on the buzz that Moyles seems to produce during the morning.

I find myself not listening to her at the moment, i'm just tired of the format of the show, and turn off about 15 minutes before Moyles ends. Also, I think it might also to do with the last few times ive met her, here and there. She seems very rude at times .. (should I be saying this?)

I'd promote Annie Mac - as I feel she can adapt to whatever show she works on. (Jono, fancy going halfs on unofficialmac.co.uk ? ) ;) haha

507033771.183.1247039672.png

I disagree with you. I think Jo does a good job at Radio 1 and I quite like her soothing show. She's part of the wood work at Radio 1 now. At that time of the morning all I want to hear is the occasional caller, some texts, and music. It's a simple show, but in my opinion, it works. She seemed alright at the Radio 1 Christmas Party when talking to the crowds.

I also think Sara Cox does a good job of filling in for Jo, and although she does a good job, I think she would be the better replacement should she move on.

However, what I think is a bit of a waste of time is the pre-recorded In Live Music We Trust. I'd like to see that element combined with her daytime show.

I agree Annie Mac is good. But if she was to move to daytime it would be in the 1pm to 4pm slot.

Keep your opinions coming in...

I love Jo, her shows are Amaaazzing*Edith Stylee* and although I dont hear them live Ill use Listen again, she's a real asset to Radio1, what with the sucess of the Live Lounge which is a brilliant feature.

I agree with Jono, about her Wednesday night show, we all know what to expect, as in the Pre recorded Malarky and agree it should be incorprated into her daytime show.

Annie Mac is brilliant, she's taken over shows for so many DJ's and wherever you put her she does well, A Daytime slot would be good for her I agree.

twitter.com/emgreatorex

I don't mind her, but then again I only listen to Moyles and about 1 hour of Mills of the daytime radio 1 lineup. Ive given up with their self promoting which is way OTT.

Her show is easy listening, just what you need at work unlike that boring Edith Bowman show.

Im not a big fan of Annie Mac either, I find she jump on the bandwagon a bit

"Just one more game, I promise"

I like her show - well, I like the Live Lounge - but I don't like her, and I think the show would sound better with someone else. I didn't like An O'Rak or whatever her name was who stood in for her over Christmas either. If he could calm down a bit, it might be a good slot for Nihal, if he is wanting to go mainstream. I wasn't much impressed with him on Breakfast, but no-one can cover that successfully - Scott comes closest. On the whole I thought he sounded good, and he could carry a music led show like the morning one really well I think.

annie mac is ok, she does jump on the bandwagon a bit. but i like the show none the less, moving her to a playlisted time of the day would wreck it.

jo should be ok where she is, although if she does stay it's a bit of a kick in the teeth to mark & lard. no-one really takes note of her age only serious geeks. normal people dont really care.

on the grid.

I'm going to direct some of my hate towards Jo Whiley, well when I say hate, what I really mean is dislike for her. I don't know how long she's been on Radio 1, but I think its time Radio 1 brought in someone new - like an up and coming presenter or promote an existing Presenter to that slot.

She's like Steve Lamcaq (who's great when he's ****ed, so is Mills ;)) in the respect they don't represent the listenership - whatever age bracket it is. Its time Radio looked for a replacement, as the show is old and dated. The station needs someone to carry on the buzz that Moyles seems to produce during the morning.

I find myself not listening to her at the moment, i'm just tired of the format of the show, and turn off about 15 minutes before Moyles ends. Also, I think it might also to do with the last few times ive met her, here and there. She seems very rude at times .. (should I be saying this?)

I'd promote Annie Mac - as I feel she can adapt to whatever show she works on. (Jono, fancy going halfs on unofficialmac.co.uk ? ) ;) haha

I agree, I'm not a fan of Whiley. She acts like she's discovered every new band and jumps on every bandwagon. Changing tracks is one of the worst radio features ever. Annie Mac is the perfect replacement for her, as shown when she has covered for her. I'd love to see the back of Edith too, her show is the worst on Radio 1, I hate the way she kisses everyones arse and thinks everything is "amazin'". Her show features are utter pish too. God I miss Mark & Lard.

Mafroafro.png

MY gaming blog, read it: http://hegotgames.blogspot.com

I am not a big fan of Jo Whiley, Sarah Cox or Annie Mac and to be honest I am not the biggest fan of Edith on her own either. I proffered the banter of Colin and Edith :(

In our office listening to Radio 1 is a struggle between 10 and 1 but my alternative is giving in and letting my boss tune in to 5Live!

I would prefer if Jo was on a time slot that I didn't have to listen to during the day. I say bring in Vernon!

glitzy.jpg

colin & edith were crap. i remember the title "of future of radio 1" what was stuck upon them when mark & lard left. not only the fact that they never came close as talent, they didn't last as long either.

Colin and Edith put more listeners on at that time of day (comparatively) than Scotty has done. According to "Insiders" the management team were having real problems on deciding whether to give "Colin and Edith" the brekfast show on Moyles' departure or 'Scott Mills" on the Breakfast Show. They offered Colin the evening slot to see if he would jump and he did. Either way Colin and Edith were not axed.

Colin and Edith put more listeners on at that time of day (comparatively) than Scotty has done. According to "Insiders" the management team were having real problems on deciding whether to give "Colin and Edith" the brekfast show on Moyles' departure or 'Scott Mills" on the Breakfast Show. They offered Colin the evening slot to see if he would jump and he did. Either way Colin and Edith were not axed.

Colin's show is one of the most popular show in R1 now(according to the MOST POPULAR SHOWS column in radio player).But look at Edith's ,I don't really like it and I saw some criticisms on R1's messageboard.I wonder how long she could stay in that slot and how is the listening figure?Will Vernon move in?Or Colin and Edith reunite?Who knows?

By the way,I don't think Jo should go somewhere else.I quite like her show,especially Live Lounge.

p.s. I miss C&E...

Colin's show is one of the most popular show in R1 now(according to the MOST POPULAR SHOWS column in radio player).

Hmmm... on that presumption so is Fearne and Reggie. I don't believe that though.

6Music is a weak station I think. I have listened to Nemone several times on there, but she's not as good as she was on Radio 1 I don't think.

Hmmm... on that presumption so is Fearne and Reggie. I don't believe that though.

6Music is a weak station I think. I have listened to Nemone several times on there, but she's not as good as she was on Radio 1 I don't think.

Okay...

I have a feeling that it will be a waste if Jo to move to 6Music,also Marc.