Unofficial Mills

Radio 1's output is terrible this Xmas

Jono

An awful day of Newsbeat - a guy struggling with the newsbeat jingles, and didn't know what to sign off with - "there's more online and at 5.30" and "there's more at 10.30" (when it was 10.30). Then Scott's pre-record was full of three minutes of silence tonight before any thing was done. The back up generator has kicked in now.

I don't think any one bar Nihal has been live today. Even Annie Mac seemed to be on tape because of her evening show. Get Chappers and Dave in. And that's saying something ;)

I wish at Christmas there were some skelton DJs kicking around rather than all this pre-recorded stuff.

God Radio 1's terrible

I never thought I'd hear you say that Jono ;):-p

There are other stations available. Radio 1 clearly aren't putting much effort into their broadcast today. I'd recommend finding an alternative station or alternative entertainment.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

What did happen about 15 mins ago? I went to turn my volume up and there wasnt anything there!

So I dropped my radio on the floor to try and work it, (its a bit dodgy atm anyway)and it didnt work, so ive switched it off. Brought me back to thinking about what Moyles wrote in his book about Dave taking the station off air for 15 minutes.

twitter.com/emgreatorex

They seemed to be scraping the barrell when the highlights of the chart show live moved on to other years. I heard The Killers, and then there was silence. Other days there's been Newsbeat at 6.30pm (perhaps they sacked the other fella early) because as soon as it got to 6.30 it went silent.

Uninterrupted music at the moment with no jingles - doesn't sound too bad in comparison with some of the stuff on today.

I don't pay my TV licence for Radio 1 to play silence and then have some auto-DJ playing songs. I pay for good quality broadcasts *mutters to self some more about how rubbish the BBC service is*

Screw that - I don't pay the licence fee for the radio. I think they do a great job except for these few days a year, when there are other stations available.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Meck is still playing. But this time the computer seems to want to be playing two other songs on top of it.

This makes Chappers and Dave's mixing sound good ;)

It's embarrassing that this is happening at Radio 1. Couldn't they have played a podcast or something instead for thirty minutes?

Radio 1 is dying on it's arse. Meck has been skipping for over three minutes now, and the computer is still trying to play different songs at the same time.

Someone's had way too much pinot griglyo.

Now we're stuck listening to You Got The Love skipping. I'd love to see the Radio 1 Online text bubble right now...

how dare you say radio 1 is crap. everything that they have ever done in their entire history has been so incredibly good you could slit your wrists to express yourself.

yeah apart from today, but i haven't been listening much. i dont even know when scotts back on.

on the grid.

Edith was live wasn't she? I only heard a bit of her show, but it sounded live to me. Because my routine's all over theplace, I haven't heard as much radio as I usually do, so the fact that its crap hasn't really impacted on me - but Nihal belongs on Capital, or Virgin, not Radio 1. He sounds awful.