Unofficial Mills

boxing day shop openings

DC

Hmm, i was working yesterday. And true enough, as DC said, most of the managers managed to waggle a day off. Being on customer services doing returns for unwanted gifts all day boxing day was not my ideal way of spending the bank holiday. I wouldnt have minded so much if the customers were a bit more pleasant.

Hmm, i was working yesterday. And true enough, as DC said, most of the managers managed to waggle a day off. Being on customer services doing returns for unwanted gifts all day boxing day was not my ideal way of spending the bank holiday. I wouldnt have minded so much if the customers were a bit more pleasant.

but thats the type you'd expect to see out on days like that. snobby retards with nothing better to do, "you! girl! i have come to return this wine!" etc.

on the grid.

oh but they do want to be there, thats why i hate them so much. my mum used to have to work in a furnature store on boxing day, the same type of places who spend loads on adverts for it with songs like 'wake up it's a beautiful morning' and 'baby im ready to go', like the staff are really f*cking up for it(!) i just treat it like christmas day, like they aren't open. they wont get anything from me on a boxing day.

on the grid.

I managed to bump into a local BBC broadcaster on the streets, and then end up bumping into the local ITV news crew. Media personalities galore. I was quite surprised at the amount of medium sized clothes left in Next at 12.30pm today. Crazy people had queued up at 4am.

I logged on to the Next website at 8am to order a ring for my mum, but it had sold out. I imagine it was a ploy to get people on. In the end the website crashed so I called up and did get a ring for £150 instead of £300. Genuine bargain.

Is your mum paying you back for the ring or is that a rather expensive and late present?

The town centre was busier this afternoon than it was before Christmas. The New Look sale has sold out of most things bigger than size 8 and smaller than size 18, but that's quite normal.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Although a lot of their target audience do seem to be moving across to Instagram now.
    • I suppose it's because not a lot of people use Twitter (or X) so maybe it's not worth their time, surprised about Facebook though.
    • Surprised to learn Radio 2 and 6 Music are moving away from X and Facebook, I would have thought there's more appeal in Radio 1 doing that instead. Their target audiences still use Facebook, and it's still a key way to reach a good mix of audiences. Agree about X though, don't see any need for it. https://radiotoday.co.uk/2024/05/bbc-radio-2-and-6-music-quit-facebook-and-x-publishing/
    • Just wondering…has any DJ got the answer wrong yet? I’ve not heard one and they are pretty tough questions! 😆
    • On the weekends theme @Bluestraw said this in the chatbox but I was listening live to James cusack's show yesterday and agree it would be a travesty if he doesn't feature in the weekend plans. Both the greg james fb page and users on digital spy are saying similar. Imagine that, being both part of the LGBTQ+ community but able to appreciate good presenters in 2024.
    • Tara Kumar is in for Sian on Tuesday 4th June.
    • I think at least part of the problem is that a lot of Danny's act is based around Drag humour which (a) isn't for everybody (b) has to be so tamed down for daytime radio, it just becomes silly and (c) it is humour generally consumed on a night out with lots of alcohol taken!
    • Oh boy, if that's the case above then what are they trying to do at r1? If Danny was put into weekend afternoons that's one hell of a faux par and a big nail in the coffin. While ok, Nat and Vicky aren't about to blow the doors off and are only there as the fallout of d&v, but to then follow that up with Danny for 3 days a week. Come on. To go from a place where we had Katie followed by M&M to that. What happened to the prestigiousness of r1? Do they need reminding they've just lost Jordan? It's getting embarrassing. Like I said before, when I had people with 0 interest in radio whatsoever and it was in the background telling me to turn it off, you know it's bad. I saw a random friend from years ago even posting on fb with how has someone like Danny ended up on r1. Everywhere you turn its negative. Doesn't that multiply across the uk in what the r1 audience actually think of this presenter? I'm in the LGBTQ+ community and also r1 target audience but I don't feel I want to listen to this presenter because of that fact. Has some policy actually overtaken the true risk of driving audiences away? The fact is just how @coffeeandgin said, Danny has had chance since March with 2 shows a week and is still not up to the job. The odd podcast yes but certainly not to replace m&m! I've skipped through 10 minutes of this week to make sure I wasn't basing opinions on how it was before and yes it is the same level. When you had presenters like Scott who could keep it fresh despite how many years it had been, but then Danny sounds so out of date already, saying you could tune over to Rylan on r2... but then with a topic of "I want to know what have you missed out on?" I'm sorry?! What kind of local radio is that... it's meant to be radio 1 ffs. Terrible talking points, cringe, unfunny, and so bad on the radio it actually makes it jarring and makes people switch over.
    • I don’t think it will be September it will be a very messy schedule if that’s the case 
    • As a member of the LGBTQ+ community my position is exactly yours on female representation.  Yes I want representation but only on merit.   Even if Radio 1 would like more representation from this sector, there are stacks of better options than Danny Beard.  
    • I hope you're right! I remember some years ago hearing that the biggest show at a weekend was mid-mornings, but not sure if that's changed with the changing pattern of radio listening in general. Given the best show at the weekend (by a distance) is M&M, would make sense that's now the biggest slot.
    • Someone on here said recently weekend afternoons have a big audience. I think you'd want some of your biggest talent here. Which is why there was talk of a reshuffle. I couldn't personally see Danny in this slot if they decided to keep him. 
    • I understand that representation is important. And I can't speak for the LGBTQ+ community. But, as a woman in my mid 30s, I have seen a massive shift towards 'having more women' in every industry/organisation in my lifetime. I have always felt that it should be on merit and capability to carry out a role effectively, rather than just filling a role as a specific gender. Women can be fantastic at everything, but on a personal level I would not want to be hired, for example, as a firefighter  just because I was the only female candidate. I am 5 foot nothing and could not carry you out of a burning building.
    • If they were going to do this, wouldn’t it make more sense to keep Danny at 10.30am and move Nat and Vicky to 1pm? I feel the idea of giving someone a job largely because of their sexuality isn’t particularly good either…
    • Right so prediction time. I think “Summer on Radio 1” which is on the schedule for Friday to Sunday 1-4 from June sticks around longer than the other changes in July. I think that lasts until September which is when we get the new weekend afternoon show. I think they’ll want to give Danny longer on air to see if they improve. I can’t see that happening, so my guess is in September they move Sam & Danni to weekend afternoons (at that point they’ll have been on weekend breakfast for a full year), and they bring James Cusack in to do weekend breakfast.