What do you like about Radio 1?

Guest Luke

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm... Well...

I say quite a bit of negative stuff about Radio 1 but that's only my way of wanting certain areas of the station improved. Don't get me wrong, I love the station, there's nothing like it. Local radio is just rubbish.

Although I'm negative about a few DJs, I don't hate them, and in general I listen to all of the daytime DJs. But I think the general negativity of these DJs comes from those who are regular daily listeners and probably not those who will tune in from just time-to-time.

Radio 1 - especially Scott and team - have been very supportive of this website, which is a great boost for giving me the confidence and enthusiasm to update and continue this website. I very much doubt many other stations would support a website like this, or at least in such a professional manner.

Anyway, there's my two pence worth until I can think of something else to say!

What do you honestly think of the station?

I havent really been listening to radio 1 for long it was kind of an accident how i found it after loosing the signal to my local radio station,ever since ive been stuck listening to it although a couple of areas could be improved as jono mentioned but overall i love it.

I only really get to listen to chris moyles and scott mills on a weekday and Spoony and Coxy on a weekend.

Radio1 seem to involve the public alot more compared to other stations too.

twitter.com/emgreatorex

There are no other stations like the national BBC stations and all of them are fantastic depending on audience. I listen to R1 over R5 because I like having the music. I like listening to all the daytime DJs and normally switch off at 7. I don't listen to Sara Cox or Trevor Nelson although thats normally because Im playing cricket.

Only real criticism is on the repeatitiveness of some of the music that does get tedious but that seems to be improving slowly even if that is through having features like the Friday Feel Good days or whatever they are called

For an hour

I like radio one when they havnt got any events going on e.g one big weekend when they have a event like this going on i find they advertise thier event too much and they become VERY boring

i aggree with u there dunno how many times ive heard the advert for global gathering today already.......

twitter.com/emgreatorex

Indeed, that does bother me - the endless promotion of events is a pain and things like Chris Moyles and his '82125' charity number. But if you compare it to local radio, I suppose it isn't so bad. They could do with cutting down things like this a little though. Dull radio for those not going/can't enter or whatever.

I agree about the music - it could do with being a little bit more broader but I suppose that does make the days like 'Radio 1's Summer Friday Thing' a whole lot more interesting.

Things like 'Your Call' could be a lot better, 'The Wonder Years' is slightly improving with the summer tracks although it feels very much like it's directed by the music department.

Radio 1 is good. You cant really moan about the promotion of radio 1 events becuase there are no adverts on the station which is such a massive bonus. all of the djs are pretty good. scott and chris moyles are probably 2 of the best radio djs anywhere in the world. i liked radio 1 more when i was at school and college, but i guess thats cos i listened more regulary. also i liked it when the djs were on for a shorter amount of time compared to now the seem to be on for just a bit too long. also i liked it when 'daytime' finished at 8 not 7. i miss mayo and mark and lard, and to a certain extent dave pearce being on weekdays on 'late drive' but im just strange! anyway radio 1 is easily the best station for me.

RRROOOAAARRR!!!!

it's a good station, but some improvements are needed, move Colin and Edith back to 10AM at weekends, sack Sara Cox, and give Vernon Kay her shows.

Thats about it really, apart from that, it's very good, no other changes are needed in my opinion

Cant wait to hear the 3 hours of silence between 1 and 4 ;)

I would definately get rid of Cox but I like C&E where they are

For an hour

Radio 1 used to be better around 4 years back. But it's not bad now, i prefer some DJ's to others but I still and always will prefer it to "Chav (Galaxy) 102.2". But I cant stand it sometimes when the playlist has the sissor sisters like what they are playing now (although there is a "man", sort of in the band who has a higher voice note than the bee gee's). But i guess it has to play somthin for everyone so, I like it.

on the grid.

To be honest people will like who they want. But I never really have found Colin or Edith funny before they "replaced" the legends. I mean I didn't like them that much on weekends. But replacing MnL didn't boost them at all with me though...

I dont want Nemone to go.

on the grid.