Jump to content

Aled New Radio 1 Station Controller


welovemoyles
 Share

Recommended Posts

So proud and excited for Aled. What do we all reckon will happen with the station going forward as it was hinted there will be exciting changes.

There will be a heavier social media and digital presence that's almost a guarantee. 

The daytime music playlist may be looked into a bit more he's such a big pop music fan so can see it becoming more 80% pop chart hits and 20% Alternative genres. 

The schedule will remain un touched for a while as he would've had a real say over changes in the past year or so. However i would expect anytime now an announcement that Jordan North has got Friday-Sundays 10-1 when Lockdown schedule is over. 

What's everyone's thoughts?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


I hope they add some more digital features, like for example they could add a webcam feed from the studios to the Sounds website which would be really cool.

I agree about the Schedule, I hope Jordan gets some more air-time. Regarding the music I'm not really fussed about changing to Pop as it's my preferred style too!

Congrats to Aled!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, ImMaxClaydon said:

I hope they add some more digital features, like for example they could add a webcam feed from the studios to the Sounds website which would be really cool.

I agree about the Schedule, I hope Jordan gets some more air-time. Regarding the music I'm not really fussed about changing to Pop as it's my preferred style too!

Congrats to Aled!

I don’t think it’ll be just pop as commercial stations will whinge - schedule wise move Grimmy to 7pm either Monday-Thur or Friday.
 

Poss put Scott back on drive or give him breakfast and let Greg have a bit of a sabbatical in the next year or so to enable Scott to leave R1 on a high. Make Friday a more normal weekday schedule at least until 1 or 4pm. Have the chart as a hour show with occasional extended specials e.g. Christmas no1, chart of the year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, abertom said:

I don’t think it’ll be just pop as commercial stations will whinge - schedule wise move Grimmy to 7pm either Monday-Thur or Friday.
 

Poss put Scott back on drive or give him breakfast and let Greg have a bit of a sabbatical in the next year or so to enable Scott to leave R1 on a high. Make Friday a more normal weekday schedule at least until 1 or 4pm. Have the chart as a hour show with occasional extended specials e.g. Christmas no1, chart of the year. 

I'd like Friday back as a normal schedule definitely. Don't know if Greg taking time off is going to happen. I hope not lol. Scott I think may well go back on Drive and we all saw last week how much Grimmy liked doing the Evening shows!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, abertom said:

I don’t think it’ll be just pop as commercial stations will whinge - schedule wise move Grimmy to 7pm either Monday-Thur or Friday.
 

Poss put Scott back on drive or give him breakfast and let Greg have a bit of a sabbatical in the next year or so to enable Scott to leave R1 on a high. Make Friday a more normal weekday schedule at least until 1 or 4pm. Have the chart as a hour show with occasional extended specials e.g. Christmas no1, chart of the year. 

Really can’t see Greg taking any time off, he’s stated loads it’s his dream job and helps his mental health. I’m sure Jordan will get a permanent slot in the next 6-12 months. Not sure where

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/3/2020 at 3:02 PM, James8787 said:

Really can’t see Greg taking any time off, he’s stated loads it’s his dream job and helps his mental health. I’m sure Jordan will get a permanent slot in the next 6-12 months. Not sure where

I could see Scott going back to drive, but I am not so sure if that would be a backward step? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/4/2020 at 7:10 PM, Lee E said:

I could see Scott going back to drive, but I am not so sure if that would be a backward step? 

Let's be real. Scott's phasing out of Radio 1. He's no longer breakfast cover, He's hosting more Radio 2 shows now. Next time someone leaves Radio 2 Scott will likely move into that slot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 6/7/2020 at 6:35 PM, anothernerd2 said:

Let's be real. Scott's phasing out of Radio 1. He's no longer breakfast cover, He's hosting more Radio 2 shows now. Next time someone leaves Radio 2 Scott will likely move into that slot.

I hate to say it but you’re right. Scott is slowly drifting away from the station. It’s sad but he is ogling the same way as Sara Cox and Jo Whiley.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pleased for Aled at this news. I didn’t know he’d been in charge since before last Christmas, they kept it quiet! Although I’m sure I read something last year about Ben Cooper possibly moving on. Aled has worked his way up the ranks over the years and he deserves this.

I heard Ben Cooper lost out on a popular music role within the BBC and it was awarded to a lady. And then he possibly got the hump with the Beeb and decided to leave.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Ryan Pannell said:

Pleased for Aled at this news. I didn’t know he’d been in charge since before last Christmas, they kept it quiet! Although I’m sure I read something last year about Ben Cooper possibly moving on. Aled has worked his way up the ranks over the years and he deserves this.

I heard Ben Cooper lost out on a popular music role within the BBC and it was awarded to a lady. And then he possibly got the hump with the Beeb and decided to leave.

Aled has been in charge longer, he was head of programes under Cooper since 2017 or so, and he was instrumental in Greg going to breakfast, he has essentially been doing the day to day running of Radio 1 since then and continues to do so today 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...