Better to be young or old?

Andy B

Is it better to be young or old  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Is it better to be young or old

• Young
    • Old
    • Yeah...Whatever, Botherd!

I'm 18 and I think it's a good age to be. Better to be young, but old enough to be independent and able to drink and stuff.

So 18-20 is probably the best in those terms. I can't believe some places still try to ID me, even right after letting bunches of people that are blatently 16 in.

For work and stuff older is better to a certain age because not many employers pay 18 year olds that highly... taken me from 18 til 23 to get a job with a decent wage.

O.K. then lets get this into context, leaving kids out of it on the one hand we have young and the other we have old. My definitions of these along with good and bad points are as follows.

Young means living with parents, possibly at school or college, definately under 18.

Good points: no rent or mortgage, don't have to buy own food, cooking cleaning, laundry done for you, 12 weeks off a year, out of school at 3.30.

Bad ponts: Only have one room to yourself, Have to ask your parents to buy you nice stuff (ipod etc..) or wait for birthdays etc, have to be in at a certain time, Homework, no reliable sizeable income, early bed times, not being able to buy alcohol legally

Old means - left university, job, living on own or with people of own choosing.

Good points: Whole house to do what you like in, can go on holiday where you want when you want. Large amount of disposable income, stay out partying all night if you choose.

Bad points: Bills, Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning all have to be done by you and you alone. 4 weeks holiday a year, work till 5-6pm. Hangovers get worse as you get older (take note people),

This obviously isn't an exhaustive list and I'm sure people can add to it and I understand that not all of the things on the list will apply to everybody it's very generic but these are my defenitions and based on that I still say better to be old.

Sometimes here, sometimes not.

O.K. then lets get this into context, leaving kids out of it on the one hand we have young and the other we have old. My definitions of these along with good and bad points are as follows.

Young means living with parents, possibly at school or college, definately under 18.

Good points: no rent or mortgage, don't have to buy own food, cooking cleaning, laundry done for you, 12 weeks off a year, out of school at 3.30.

Bad ponts: Only have one room to yourself, Have to ask your parents to buy you nice stuff (ipod etc..) or wait for birthdays etc, have to be in at a certain time, Homework, no reliable sizeable income, early bed times, not being able to buy alcohol legally

Old means - left university, job, living on own or with people of own choosing.

Good points: Whole house to do what you like in, can go on holiday where you want when you want. Large amount of disposable income, stay out partying all night if you choose.

Bad points: Bills, Laundry, Cooking and Cleaning all have to be done by you and you alone. 4 weeks holiday a year, work till 5-6pm. Hangovers get worse as you get older (take note people),

This obviously isn't an exhaustive list and I'm sure people can add to it and I understand that not all of the things on the list will apply to everybody it's very generic but these are my defenitions and based on that I still say better to be old.

oh gee thanks Andi :rolleyes:

That makes me "old" then, I've left education, I have a job and I am living with my spouse....

P.S. I am only 24!!

Since a lot of people on here are only 15 or younger and at school then in their eyes you are. I'm a bit older than you, not too much but enough to make a difference. Have a house in Nottingham, a flat in London am a manger for a FTSE 100 company and take several exotic holidays a year.

So if these youngsters consider it better to be young and people like me old then they don't know what they're missing out on.

I don't mean old as in Zimmerfram old, I just mean that when I was 15 I thought anyone over 21 was old. I mean they've got a job and everything

Youthful as I am, I realised yesterday that I no-longer know, or care, who is #1 in the charts. Furthermore, it takes all day to get rid of a hangover and I now seem to have a profound interest in property programmes. Worst is that I now use words like 'furthermore'.

What makes you think that you are getting old?

507033771.183.1247039672.png

As I said hangovers get worse as you get older, when I was 18 I could go out on a Saturday night and know I'd be ok by sunday lunch. When I was 25 I knew that if I went out on a Saturday night that I'd be fine come monday morning time for work. Now I'm ** I know If I go out on saturday I won't feel fine until next saturday morning.

I haven't listened to the charts or cared what's #1 for ages and I work as a DJ.