Unofficial Mills

Coca Cola Zero

Geezer7348

I don't know because I would be very ill if I drank it. I hate the way they market these things full of sweeteners as being healthy. If you want a zero-calorie drink have water. I'm intolerant to artificial sweeteners so I will hopefully never try that stuff.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Makro? Don't they sell everything in bulk? Is it a 20 litre can or something? Like those giant baked beans tins they sell. Got some great bargains from Makro, we always go there just before Christmas.

Yeah, I know, you think, "great, that's so cheap" and then have to spend ages with a calculator working out the VAT... times it by 1.175 or something. My mum has a Makro card which says she works for a company she left about 10 years ago :-?

I am definitely not going to try this Coca-Cola Zero anyway, cos some Schweppes lemonade with "sugar and sweeteners" made me feel sick and faint so I hate to think what Coca Cola Zero would make me feel like.

Yeah its multiply by 0.1750 and then add it to the price of the item, by parents have makro cards aswell. I dont drink diet drinks as the have an artificial sweetner called "Aspartame" in it, and its been proven by lab scientists that its very very bad for you. It was tested on rats and it give them cancer. Always check the ingredients when you go to buy a drink. Dont drink anything with Aspartame in it!!!

I don't drink it because it may cause cancer in the long term but in the short term it makes me feel sick as a dog :(

Multiplying by 1.175 does the same thing and is quicker ;) -- I remember something from GCSE maths!

Aspartame:

While it is well-known that aspartame contains phenylalanine and is unsafe for those born with phenylketonuria, research has also indicated more recently that aspartame can be implicated in other public health issues and holds serious health risks.

In 1995, FDA Epidemiology Branch Chief, Thomas Wilcox reported that aspartame complaints represented 75% of all reports of adverse reactions to substances in the food supply from 1981 to 1995. [1] Concerns about aspartame frequently revolve around symptoms and health conditions that are allegedly caused by the sweetener. The 92 health effects reported to the FDA by patients and doctors are: abdominal pain, anxiety attacks, arthritis, asthma, asthmatic reactions, bloating/edema, blood sugar control problems (hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia), brain cancer (Pre-approval studies in animals), breathing difficulties, burning eyes or throat, burning urination, inability to think clearly, chest pains, chronic cough, chronic fatigue, confusion, death, depression, diarrhea, dizziness, excessive thirst or hunger, fatigue, feeling “unrealâ€, flushing of face, hair loss (baldness) or thinning of hair, headaches/migraines, hearing loss, heart palpitations, hives (Urticaria), hypertension (high blood pressure), impotency and sexual problems, inability to concentrate, infection susceptibility, insomnia, irritability, itching, joint pains, laryngitis, “like thinking in a fog,†marked personality changes, memory loss, menstrual problems or changes, muscle spasms, nausea or vomiting, numbness or tingling of extremities, other allergic-like reactions, panic attacks, phobias, poor memory, rapid heartbeat, rashes, seizures and convulsions, slurring of speech, swallowing pain, tachycardia, tremors, tinnitus, vertigo, vision loss, and weight gain. [2]

Questions have been raised about brain cancer, lymphoma, and genotoxic effects such as DNA-protein crosslinks, but these questions are primarily not based on reported case histories.

The sources for reported symptoms and health conditions that have raised questions include:

Reports and analysis of case histories in scientific journals and at medical conferences

Symptoms reported to the FDA and other governmental agencies

Symptoms reported to non-governmental organizations, researchers, and physicians

Reports of symptoms and health conditions in the media

Self-reported cases on the Internet.

There is debate in the scientific and medical community as to whether these symptoms are or are not caused by short-term or long-term exposure to aspartame. Some human and animal studies have found adverse effects and some have found no adverse effects. [4], [5], [6], [7], [8], [9]

It is not only the results of the research that have been questioned, but the design of the research that led to specific outcomes. For example, in human research of aspartame, the aspartame is usually provided in slow-dissolving capsules. But the biochemical changes from ingesting aspartame in slow-dissolving capsules are many times smaller than those from ingesting aspartame dissolved in liquids (such as carbonated beverages). [10]

Some human studies provide more than the daily allowance of aspartame, but in an encapsulated form. Based on the above-cited research, the equivalent amount of “real-world†aspartame in these human studies would be less. Other questions that have been raised about aspartame research involving the length of the studies, the number of test subjects, conflict of interest issues, and improper testing procedures.

No, it's right.

If the item costs £10 without VAT, and you times it by 1.175, the total is £11.75. So it does work.

I never really worried much about aspartame until I realised I was intolerant to it. I used to drink diet coke and eat chewing gum and all sorts until it started making me ill :-?

And I generally get a few of those 92 symptoms if I have artificial sweetners, although thankfully never ones like "death" :-? it's more a feeling like a sudden onset of a virus or flu.