Unofficial Mills

Mobile phones

Guest JJ

I use my phone a fair bit when I'm driving, but I don't think it really distracts me... apart from when dialling numbers :o

You do get funny looks from people, because they think you're mad and talking to yourself, though... that's the one disadvantage!

Regards,

Olly.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i always drive and talk on the phone at the same time, i know i shouldnt though. But some times its unavoidable

I hate people that do that. I mean here's me with 6 points for been like 4/6 mph over the speed limit and people like that get away with it!

take control

If he's using a bluetooth headset or handsfree kit he's not doing anything illegal

*shrug*

That's just as distracting as talking to passengers in the car, and I don't think they can ban that!

I've no problems if they are using headsets or hands-free, its the ones that cut you up or undertake you on the motorway whilst using a phone that i dont like

take control

A handsfree kit isn't that expensive. Cheaper than the fine if you get caught or cause an accident.

When cycling I prefer to leave my phone at home, but sometimes I'm away up to 4 hours, and my mum prefers me to take the phone. But I just ignore it. I did see a guy cycling whilst talking on his mobile and doing a wheely through a red light outside Brighton Station on a very busy day, but he was just a bit of an idiot.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

most handsfree kits are supplied with mobile's thesedays. I would love to be an undercover rozzer and fine people on the spot who have their phones glued to their ears, they really do my head in !!

im a copper dodger on the road lol, i slow way down when i see a cop car, or if im talking on the phone, i remove it from my ear briskly lol

Isn't it true that people who slow down for speed camera/cops then speed up again are more dangerous than people just speeding?

Saw a drunk driver on the weekend who musta been doing at least 70 through central Croydon on a Saturday night, could easily have killed someone :(

Speaking of driving (and totally unrelated to phones i apologise) but is a Tom-Tom worth getting?

Yes, absolutely. I wouldn't get anywhere without one.. my sense of direction is hopeless.

Yeah i know i deserve to be caught, that is my second worst habit while driving, the first being speeding. I must check out some hands free kits from halfords or something - i think they do them for the new astra, right?

Best thing to do is get a properly fitted kit, what phone have you got?

Alternatively you could get a bluetooth headset, but I hate them myself.

Regards,

Olly.

the difference between me and other drivers is that i am in full control of the car and i can stop sharply if need be

I like that... I'm sure all drivers think that, including the guy on Saturday night who was f***ed off his head and doing 70mph through a busy town centre down a tram lane and ignoring all traffic lights.

Best thing to do is get a properly fitted kit, what phone have you got?

Alternatively you could get a bluetooth headset, but I hate them myself.

Ive got a Motorola Razr V3

My dad has a bluetooth thingy for his ear, but he keeps getting constant headaches

And i dont really feel the need for in car sat nav. The way i see it is that if you have a mouth and you stop and ask for directions, you wont go wrong:biggrin:

Wow... a man who's prepared to stop and ask for directions :-p

Sorry... it just had to be said. People stop and ask me for directions all the time, but most of them are assylum seekers.

One of our teachers was just showing us his new sat nav system. It showed his top speed at 93mph which he hastily deleted and denied ever happened :biggrin:

Gah, I just got rid of my V3, looks fantastic but the damn thing used to drive me insane, it was so slow, especially when typing text messages.

If you want a properly integrated handsfree kit, get a Parrot CK3100, they're about £80 + installation, and have a screen so you can see who's calling if the phone's in your pocket.

Regards,

Olly.

Alternatively, get a huge elastic band or some tape and attach the phone to your ear ;) we've all seen the photos.

Or put it on loudspeaker, or get a normal handsfree kit, mine's got one, but I only ever use it for the radio, cos I'm never really on the phone.

Gah, I just got rid of my V3, looks fantastic but the damn thing used to drive me insane, it was so slow, especially when typing text messages.

If you want a properly integrated handsfree kit, get a Parrot CK3100, they're about £80 + installation, and have a screen so you can see who's calling if the phone's in your pocket.

Yeah, i bought the V3 on looks alone and paid about 300 squid for it. The UI drives me bley crazy aswell, but motorola UIs have always been crap

Im changing it soon for the new Benq-Siemens EF81, its advertised on TV with ronaldo doing some footy moves

Is that kit universal and wheres it from? Remember i live in NI and i would need someone to fit it for me

It works with most Bluetooth phones on the market at the moment, including the V3... It's firmware upgradeable too, in case a new phone comes out that isn't supported by it.

http://www.parrot.biz/products/index.php?id=ck3100

I would have gone for one of those, but I preferred the cradle + bluetooth if needed arrangement of the Nokia CK-7W (so it charges and holds the phone).

Regards,

Olly.