Unofficial Mills

What is this? Anybody help?

Radio1Beats

I think they can control the wall lights at back of studio with that as well. The ones that give it that glowing appearance. Im sure I saw them explain on AAA last year and gave a demo but cant find it on youtube anywhere. I think it was Aled explaining how he sets the studio up before the surgery!

In summary, I think its mainly used to control the TV logo and atmosphere lighting.

• 3 weeks later...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5630[/ATTACH]

I thought the one one left does camera feeds and the one on right does TV logo/lighting?

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

No need, you are correct!

The one on the left controls the visualisation camera feed from within the studio, which when set to auto will switch to the camera that is pointing to whoever is currently speaking. The one on the right is the IDS and does quite a lot of things. Firstly it controls the logo on the TV at the back of the studio, as well as the lighting in the studio (I think this can control all the studio lighting and not just the colour wall washers). It also has options to change the style of clock on the studio status monitor (which shows if the Mics are live or if the Vision is on) and a few other things.

If you want to find out a bit more about the IDS -> http://www.ipe-products.co.uk/radio1-case-study.php

• 2 months later...
No need, you are correct!

The one on the left controls the visualisation camera feed from within the studio, which when set to auto will switch to the camera that is pointing to whoever is currently speaking. The one on the right is the IDS and does quite a lot of things. Firstly it controls the logo on the TV at the back of the studio, as well as the lighting in the studio (I think this can control all the studio lighting and not just the colour wall washers). It also has options to change the style of clock on the studio status monitor (which shows if the Mics are live or if the Vision is on) and a few other things.

If you want to find out a bit more about the IDS -> http://www.ipe-products.co.uk/radio1-case-study.php

Great to find out what they are