Mills + Cox In Euro Semi Final !!

Viv

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-18187148

Spanish entrant told "Don't Win Eurovision"

[h=1]Don't win Eurovision, Spanish entrant told[/h] Spain's Eurovision contestant has admitted the country would struggle to host the event if it were to win.

Directors from broadcasters TVE joked to Pastora Soler, who will represent them this year, "Please, don't win!"

"If we won, I think it would be impossible to stage the next edition because it costs so much money," she told ABC Punto Radio.

Thursday saw 10 more countries named finalists in the second semi-final to be held ahead of Saturday's main event.

Swedish entrant Loreen, considered by some to be the favourite this year, was among the successful acts to go through.

Lithuania, Malta, Norway and Turkey were among the other nations to join the 26 finalists.

The evening saw eight countries eliminated from the competition, among them Bulgaria, Croatia, Portugal and the Netherlands.

Spending cuts Pastora Soler will sing her ballad Quedate Conmigo (Stay With Me) at Saturday's final, to be held in the Azerbaijan capital of Baku.

It is written in the contest rules that the public broadcaster of the nation that wins must host the following year.

"I think it is not the moment, neither for Spain nor for Spanish public, to win Eurovision," Soler was quoted as saying by the AFP news agency.

The Spanish government has slashed spending in public television, resulting in the cancellation of several popular programmes.

Spain last won the competition in 1969, when it shared a four-way tie with the UK, the Netherlands and France.

Spain also won the contest in 1968, 12 years after it started, with singer Massiel's song La La La.

I reckon UK and Ireland picked Jedward and Engelbert Humperdinck with the same logic in mind re: Expense of holding the event next year?

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

Would not bet on it. Here is a disgrace. Apparently the biggest financial contributors get to the final automatically. so the uk is already in the final. It is a bloody joke.

Yeah, it's us, France, Germany and somewhere else.

Did you not guess when that awful Scooch got through?

The sheep is not a creature of the air.

Scooch got to #5 in the UK! ;)

And the other 2 are Spain and Italy.

Not necessarily a good thing... Cher Lloyd managed to get to #1.

It's not as political now though, the votes are half the public and half a judging panel I think. I love Eurovision though, I've got the TV all to myself cos no one else in my family likes it.

The sheep is not a creature of the air.

It gets worse. Jedward are performing with a mobile fountain.

BTW, here is the review Mills + Coxy got via wikio alerts in my email today:-

A couple of final thoughts - 1) Could someone please tell Scott Mills that Herzegovina is not pronounced with an 'ee' sound before the 'a'? 2) How can the Yes campaign in the independence referendum even dream of launching themselves on the Friday of Eurovision week? There aren't enough hours in the day for such excitement.

God bless Scott Mills. He and Sara Cox are doing Eurovision semi-finals and they're playing the game: gay or just european? You just need to see some of finalists and say whether they are gay, or just... european :-)

Source: Scot Goes Pop

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Apparently the twin t**ts are going to be quite late in the running order?

No idea. My mum and dad were just saying what a waste of space they are just yesterday.

I will watch the programme until about 9:30 p.m., I think. Providing there isn't a good movie on (which would be better actually).

Didn't watch, but did I hear right the German winner from a few

Guess not, but it seems peeps can go in twice - Johnny Logan (Ireland?) did the Eurovision twice some time ago !!

It's Euro!! Seems it doesn't matter what happens... It disturbs me that behind all the glitz, there is a whole load of politics going on. Yes, I know you are gonna get that anywhere, but it is annoying.