Unofficial Mills

St Patricks Day - WHY?!?!

cxx666

Now we all know that countries have their own patron saint and they have their own little "day", however can someone please explain to me the fascination with Paddys day?

I live in Edinburgh and was out last night in a club which had irish "decor" (hats, flags and some bunting), this confused me somewhat as Edinburgh is in Scotland/Britain but definitly not Ireland. For the last couple days I've seen the odd post on my facebook about today and then when I had a look at it this morning there are already people saying "happy paddys day" who I know for a fact are not from Ireland. Obviously its just gonna be used as a pathetic excuse for some to go out and get wasted tonight but I still don't see why people seem to latch onto it as their day as well.

Not impressed with censorship

Oddly enough I would celebrate if I was in New York, but feel the need to damn it all in the U.K.

Kind of reminds me of the movie "About Last Night" (Demi moore, rob lowe) - set in Chicago. There is a pub scene in that I love in that, which takes place on St. Patrick's day. Basically a couple have split up (moore/lowe), and Moore's friend says "Guess who I saw at the supermarket", only to be greeted with the line from Demi "St. Patrick". Then Rob Lowe shows up in the pub, and Moore goes crazy, winding up with the two out in the street screaming at each other in the pouring rain. So funny. Need to get that film on DVD again.

Also in that movie is the GREAT LINE, "Sometimes you're funny, sometimes you're just slime" - which I have used for years.

#justsaying

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

ps: St. P's day is also now trending on Twitter.

Thus proving that alongside my previous statement re trending and Boober/Wand Erection, trending can be overtaken by idiots... this might be why the new madge material was trending.

I once tried Guinness on StPatrick's Day... I switched to Whiskey as it took me nearly an hour to drink a pint.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

In America, it's known as St. Patty's Day because Americans can't pronounce Paddy. ;)

They also can't pronounce "Craig", last time I checked there wasn't an E in it. My name ain't pissing Creg!!! We need to go and teach them how to speak properly.

Not impressed with censorship