Unofficial Mills

Moyles & Greg Live From Cumbria W/C 9th May

James R

Well they DO put it on the red button, like Glasto/Reading and Leeds etc, often repeats are shown on there in place of live sporting events. F1 suffered a LOT from that last year. Personally I think the event that's LIVE should take priority over any repeated/nonlive event.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

Television bandwidth is very expensive, and there are a limited number of screens. If they put Chris Moyles on, something else would have to go. Indeed, to use the bandwidth would require it to be made 'worth it', and it would need to be properly produced - hence, whenever they do it, they use at the very least a dedicated vision mixer.

In fact, if you take a look at the red button schedules - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tv_and_radio/5345480.stm - you'll see that there is a lot of stuff not available on Freeview, due to the lack of available 'channels' on that platform.

Well they DO put it on the red button, like Glasto/Reading and Leeds etc, often repeats are shown on there in place of live sporting events. F1 suffered a LOT from that last year. Personally I think the event that's LIVE should take priority over any repeated/nonlive event.

I didn't mind, but then ima not an F1 fan in the slightest. I hope at least some of the good acts are on there, it annoys me when they cut away on a good song!

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson