Unofficial Mills

The Dev Appreciation Thread :)

Computer

I just thought it would be nice to show appreciation for Dev who's really developed as a broadcaster and made the early breakfast show a damn good listen! He's friendly, charming and witty, he also seems to have a good knowledge and interest in music :)

His humour is dry, sarcastic and honest, a bit like Scott's actually.

I hope we hear more of Dev in daytime soon, he sounds effortlessly natural.

Dare I say that he sounds like he could be bigger than Greg?

P.S If anyone gets a chance; listen to this morning's show at around 30mins in where Dev tells Duncan Crawford "You're my 4th favourite newsreader" :D

I was beginning to think that I was the only person who thought this about Dev's show. Admittedly, he wasn't much cop when he started, but he's improved massively and I just don't understand why people generally don't like him. His style of broadcasting really suits the early slot and he doesn't seem to try too hard to be funny. I just hope the Radio 1 bosses don't pull a Greg James with him and promote him too soon, because if they gave him a few more years on the earlies, he could be one of the best daytime presenters on the station. Greg however, could've been but he peaked too quickly and sounds like he has nothing to talk about. Shame, since he used to be brilliant.

I've always liked Dev but get in too late to wake up early enough for his show. Listen on iplayer a few times though, he does need to keep Prod P, they are a good team.

Greg is amazing too :) But Scott will always be the best.

Actually got to listen to Greg's show today live for the first time in a while, was good. Damn work getting in the way.

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

I'll sign up as well, I really like him, a good replacement for Greg when he moved off to afternoons. I didn't really listen to him when he was on at weekends because I have no real reason to be up at that time on a saturday or sunday. Hes defintly come on a long way, still not sure he's gonna cut it at afternoons if/when any big schedule shake-ups happen but he will improve with time definitly.

Not impressed with censorship

There definitely belongs a post from me in this thread... Dev is brilliant for the Early Breakfast - and not just because he put me on the phone so many times. He has a voice I like waking up to, perfectly suitable for this slot.

Even in real life, he's an absolutely nice guy, really helpful and friendly.

"I like Franziska. Sounds mad as a box of frogs, but we like her." (Dev)

I thought he was great on Weekend Breakfast and made my drive to work go by in a flash. I don't hear much of him on Early Breakfast but I like it when he covers Greg or Scott.

I think he has a nice laid back style but I can see why he may not be everyones cup of tea!