Unofficial Mills

Chris Moyles: "BBC can't be bothered to pay me"

Ema

This woman - by the way, the Guardian has better radio critics than that woman - is just giving him a tit for tat, isn't she? He mentions her on air, so she feels the need to write a comment in the Guardian. Seriously...

Indeed, I quite frankly expect better from The Guardian, what this woman has written and many of the comments is something I'd expect from the Sun or Daily Mail in terms of actual 'journalism'.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

I think that is the worst 'article' I have ever read (with the exception of Gordon Smart's work of course).

"He also sounded self-pitying, with his reminders that he and the team "slog, day in, day out", and references to Terry Wogan and Chris Evans: both broadcasters with whom he has been fiercely, and so far unsuccessfully, competitive."

- Excuse me? There's so many things wrong with that, I don't even know where to begin.

I can't even be arsed to start picking fault with everything in that article, there's just so much crap in there I'm just stumped. Whoever she is, she really needs to pull her head out of her arse, step into the real world, and stop writing drivell in an attempt to please her audience.

My response to the article as posted on the site.

What a shame. I thought I could expect a less biased and overall higher standard of reporting from The Guardian, yet Ms Mahoney's reporting on this story has been very disapointing. I'm far from suggesting Moyles was totally right to do what he did in all of this, but this article is lazy Moyles bashing, the sort I'd assosiate with other Mail based news papers that are issued Daily (not naming any names of course).

To use just one examole, the part about Moyles failing to compete with Evans and Wogan is laughable. Moyles' target audience is so small compared to the Radio 2 brakfast slot (Radio 1 15 mid 30's max, Radio 2 anywhere above this), and the RAJAR figures don't take in to account under 15 year old listeners, of which there will be many who listen to Moyles regularly. Based on these facts alone it's fair to say Moyles performance against Wogan and Evans has been admirable, with Wogan being less than 200,000 in front of Moyles at one stage I believe, but hey lets not let statistics get in the way of a good old fashioned anti Moyles agenda. I would go on but it's pointless.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

This supposed "30-min-rant" is a pure exaggeration. In the first half our of the wednesday's show, they played the cheesy song twice (the first being the Thursday-cheesy-song), and about half of the discussion was about missing milk and Johnny Vaughn's breakfast hampers.

The papers always exaggerate when it comes to "rants" made on air. I listened back to it because I wasnt giving it my full attention just after the news, hell I didnt even notice 2 cheesy songs! I thought it actually made for pretty uncomfortable listening, because not only could I hear an angry man, but I could also hear a pretty upset man who is finding things very hard at the moment and the pay issue was the final straw.

To me it was clearly a surprise for the rest of the team when he came out with it, but credit to them I think they handled it very well. Dave sympathised and talked about having had a similar problem himself, Aled seemed concerned for him, and Tina and Dom tried to lighten the mood with talk of the lack of milk. Others may not agree, but I think that they definitly helped to bring Chris back to a cheerier person for the rest of the show

Not impressed with censorship

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySSreHakHFE?fs=1&hl=en_GB&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySSreHakHFE?fs=1&hl=en_GB&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

bloke is a div :rolleyes:

the actuall fact of the matter is, the amount of money is nothing to do with it, it's the principal, he does a job & he is supposed to be paid for it,

you get idiots emailing in etc,

"well i work in a warehouse, i do a million hours a week & only get paid a pound" well yes that maybe be true, but would you kick up a fuss if you hadn't been paid for two or three months ?

well yes i think you would kick up a fuss & if you had a forum ie access to a radio show to rant about it, you would use it,

love how everyone says he is loaded, well if he does get £600,000 a year you can half that as he will pay 50% tax, so he will pick up £25,000 a week then you have to take of his agent & lawyers cut's, also take off other liability's, then his mortgage payments this alone could well be in the thousands of pounds a month.

most people are idiot's, where if they actually put themselves in Moyles's position they would understand, there was one guy who Chris mentioned who had sent in a tweet/text/email moaning about Chris, & i have just one thing to say to him,

"i hope you lose your fucking job ! you pratt"

:)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySSreHakHFE?fs=1&hl=en_GB&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySSreHakHFE?fs=1&hl=en_GB&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

He can't afford milk for his tea? Didn't he buy milk for Tina?

Also I just spent 10 minutes pointing out the holes in the Daily Fail's reports on the matter... It was ridiculous!

My goodness, that's a pretty funky donkey!

I feel sorry for him not getting paid my niece who was at Uni last year worked for the university didn't get paid for a few months,think they paid her in the end but was about 3-4 months she didn't have pay. I used to work for a company and nearing the end of the Tax the enhanced pay rate had a hiccup and didn't get paid till may/June. Dodgy much?? think he would have had a fair point if he didn't come in for not paying him although he would lose pay for those days when they did pay him. Didn't know his pay is sorted as switch off when he talks to jake as it bores me:)

He's been paid now, which is good. I still say the bottom line to this is "you go to work ultimately to get paid", and no matter whether you like him, or not, how would ANY of these people at some of the newspapers like to go out and work for free?! Or anybody posting negative stuff against him?

And, let's face, you know a number of people who write for the tabloids, and who don't like Moyles, or have been offended by him in the past, are seeing what they hope is someone about to go under, and they just jump on it.

I think he was quite right to have an on-air rant, although some people on twitter are saying he has done this, because he knows his days at the BBC may be numbered.

I don't know what to think, because it is in Moyles' nature to rant anyway, if he feels strongly enough about anything, whether it's about his local Council, the playlist, management, or whatever.....

Time will tell, I guess (?).

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Right, that's it. My head is officially beginning to fizz. Some people on twitter are telling me there may be people out there who do not understand the concept of a paycheck.

This is really and truly the moment when you know you have to get off the internet, and get out into the sunshine.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0