Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Stats

Meols Kopite

I often listen to either Radio 1 or Absolute and thought id do a comparison of the songs played and the amount of repeats.

Also added some info from local Bauer stations as well but this needs to be divided by station better on the stats page.

See the data which i have been collecting for around 2 months here - http://www.cooperuk.com/stats.php

I understand your point but Radio 1 claim to have logic in alternating the playlist between each show. Chances are you will hear the same songs in each show - it's a fact. But Radio 1 target new music whereas Absolute does not.

Thats really interesting! I get a bit tired of Radio 1 in a day to be honest, so it's usually Moyles in the morning and then a couple of hours of scott from 4. I wouldn't listen to anything else, though. I'm sure that really Radio 1 is not station you listen to for a long time.

Latest Jingles: 2010 Beds Package, 2009 and 2010 ID Packages, Newsbeat 2009/10.

http://www.freegary.org.uk/

It's all about how long the average listeners are tuned in for, innit?

Don't know about England, but in Switzerland it is.

And before anyone gets annoyed because of the repeats - this is absolutely nothing! You should listen to our local radio station, they are even worse! And that's why I started listening to R1: I had enough of endless repeats.

"I like Franziska. Sounds mad as a box of frogs, but we like her." (Dev)

In Italy, some A-list singles are repeated every 60 minutes. On Radio 1 it's about 3-4 hours until a single is repeated. It's not that bad...

Same with many commercial stations in Britain, the one that springs to my mind is Kiss. Although I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing, but the Radio 1 system is much better.

Hahaha... lolz. I used to listen to Galaxyfm back when i fancied Dave Kelly (who was the reason i got twitter) but then he left, and i was flipping through the stations and found one playing Sam Sparro's Black And Gold (my fave song at the time) and it was Annie and Grimmy in their old Switch Time Slot and thats how i fell in love with R1 (and Grimmy).