Unofficial Mills

Records Of The Week and Weekend Anthem

oli

OK, So I know how the records of the week system work. The Weekday Daytime dj's select one record apart from Moyles, which I have never really understood because when Scott covered him he still had a record of the week.

But anyway my main question was about the Weekend Anthems because everybody seems to pick one.

I remember a couple a months back Reggie picked weekend anthem (I think it was Drake) but surely on his show he never plays the weekend anthem. I have listened to the chart show on lots and lots of ocassions and I have never heard the weekend anthems. I do not listen to the request show but the name indicates it's solely request so surely there is no weekend anthem on that so why does he pick.

Also a few months back Aled picked a weekend anthem (Telephone by GaGa) but since then I cannot remember him picking a weekend anthem since and now that Grimmy and Annie Mac have moved to ten o clock do they get to pick a weekend anthem?

So a long story short does anybody know if or what the weekend anthem rota is?

The weekend anthem is not played on the Chart Show, but is played on the Request Show.

All weekend daytime DJs (including the Switch team) get to pick a weekend anthem at some point, but I don't know the order. Bearing in mind there are 8 different DJs who get to choose a record (counting Annie & Nick as one), it will only be around once every 2 months that they will get to choose.