Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 from 6th April

abertom

For me, a big well done to Radio 1. Greg covers drive time brilliantly, I think we should be hearing more of Huw on daytime, and I don't think Radio 1 have anyone more suibtable to cover at the moment than those two. Perfect decsision for me, I suggested they do exactly that in another thread but said it would never happen!

ChrisHewgill.jpg

Why does Scott in the mornings still have to be called The Chris Moyles show with Scott Mills?

Ok it's a joke, I guess but isn't it a bit insulting to Scott?

We've been through this so many times it's untrue. But here we go again.

When Moyles first started on breakfast and Scott used to cover Scott did a lot of Chris's features. Therfore The Chris Moyles Show with Scott Mills came about. However in recent years Scott has stopped doing Chris's features and now bar a coupele of Moyles jingles out the news and the odd bit of Moyles backing music Scott does his own show, leaving many to ask why it sill is the CM Show with Scott.

However, the reason it's still done is not an insult to Scott, it is keeping a corporate image for the Radio 1 Breakfast Show alive. I study Communication within the media and it is this sort of stuff radio stations do. It is corporate imagery, not an insult to Scott or Vernon when he fills in. The Chris Moyles Show is more than just Chris's show, it's Radio 1's breakfast identity, a essential part of any radio station. Keeping this in tact while the regular presenter of this makes sense.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

Well when someone fills in for Scott it's still called the Scott Mills show isn't it? same difference. Same happens on the other stations too... last week Richard Bacon was off and there was some guy filling in but it was still listed as Richard Bacon's show...

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

Fascinating, Stiggy!! :-)

Sarcasm? What happened to everyone trying to get on Viv?

Well when someone fills in for Scott it's still called the Scott Mills show isn't it? same difference. Same happens on the other stations too... last week Richard Bacon was off and there was some guy filling in but it was still listed as Richard Bacon's show...

Yeah exactly, happens all the time especially with key shows on networks.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

That wasn't sarcasm... I put a smiley at the end to show that. I did find your post very interesting, because I'm not a media student.

Ah well in that case I take that back and thank you very much. I study Media, as well as Media Communication and Culture. Not saying I'm an expert but it's that sort of stuff we look at in minute and a geek like me finds it all very interesting. Off to do Broadcast Journalism next year which will be more of the same :)

ChrisHewgill.jpg