Unofficial Mills

Radio 1 Schedule shake up?

abertom

I was actually thinking about this earlier this morning. I think Moyles will get at least another year and Mills will remain where he is. Jo Whiley will probably leave with Edith moving to Jo's slot or Dev moving there with Matt Edmondson getting early breakfast.

Does anyone know when it's likely the next schedule change is due and when the end of Moyles' current contract is?

I think Moyles will carry on with the Breakfast show as long as he wants to do it, then when he's done there, he's done with Radio1 altogether. I'm not really seeing any signs that he wants to stop soon. I do think Scott would be the person to replace him as he already has Radio 1's '2nd slot' and there's not really anything else he could progress to other than breakfast.

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

R1 are moving in such a youth orientated direction that I cant see Mills replacing Moyles unless Chris cant agree a new contract this year and they are looking for someone short term (a year or so) to fill in.

I don't think they will give it to anyone from outside R1 so my best guess is the will keep Moyles for one or two more years with Greg James being eyed to replace him then. Greg is young and is clearly improving in my opinion but is not ready for the breakfast show yet. In a couple of years he will be though.

I agree with this, if they were going to move Chris because of his age they wouldn't replace him with Scott as he's only a month or so younger than Chris.

I think R1 will want to keep things the way they are as both Chris and Scott's shows are doing really well at the moment. I was getting a bit sick of Moyles about 6 months ago but this was short lived and I'm loving the show again. Strictly speaking, I'm not in the 'target audience age range' for R1 but I would think both shows still appeal to younger ones.....think my sense of humour is quite childish anyway.

Plus, I don’t want Scott moving to breakfast......I need to hear his dulcet tones after a hard day’s work.....it helps me to recover!;)

Agree with everything you said they won't replace him with Scott because they'll excuse is that they need a younger fresher person or whatever. Also I think Scott's style is suited much more to afternoons.

I agree with people are saying here. Also there isn't anyone that will have the impact that Moyles has had in his 6 years on breakfast. Its taken over 40 years to have a breakfast DJ this successful. It will take a lot to get that impact again

take control

It has gone rather quiet about Moyles and the breakfast show. I reckon tho that there has been so much pressure on the bbc, and Chris Evans is still needing time to establish himself on R2 that I htink Moyles and Mills will stay where they are for another year or so.

What R1 really do need to sort out is cover for the other daytime shows. I cannot listen to Dev in the afternoons without the desire to turn over. And thats even for the 10 minutes just before Scotts show.

Also without Sara, on maternity leave, who will cover Scott on drivetime?

I doubt there's any danger of Greg being moved... I mean when was the last time he got over 7 MILLION listeners? ;)

BBC ain't gonna be wanting to get rid of Moyles anytime soon with those kind of figures (which seem to be rising every time I hear new RAJAR figures etc), and I doubt he'll be quite ready to leave the station just yet (no other slot that he can really move to).

Professional eater of puppy dogs, baby heads and killer of grannies...

I doubt there's any danger of Greg being moved... I mean when was the last time he got over 7 MILLION listeners? ;)

tee-hee :giggle: sorry i couldn't resist.

nothing is going to change until september anyway, i know Moyles signed a new one year contract (not sure when it was up though or if it was a extension to his current one ie two years left)

now i know most members think i don't like Greg, but really could he do the Breakfast show on his own, i'm not sure it would even work if he was in a team doing it, the only reason R1 would do this is to drive most of the current listeners away so they could aim the show at the target audience

:)

tee-hee :giggle: sorry i couldn't resist.

nothing is going to change until september anyway, i know Moyles signed a new one year contract (not sure when it was up though or if it was a extension to his current one ie two years left)

Chris's contract expires in June / July.

I think Chris's show is sounding great at the minute, he's got another year left in him easily. Through fear of Jono hating me for turning this thread in to a what should the schedule be, this is what I'd be doing, realistically.

4.00 - 7.00 Dev

6.30 - 10.00 The Chris Moyles Show

10:00 - 1:00 Fearne Cotton (I think daytime needs a female voice & R1 aren't going to replace her.)

1.00 - 4.00 Greg James

4.00 - 7.00 Scott Mills

7.00 - 10.00 Matt Edmonson

10:00 - 1:00 Vernon Kay / Huw Stephens

1.00 - 4.00 Sara Cox (Though I'd swap with Fearne if Sara allowed it)

4.00 - 7.00 Reggie Yates, Chart & Request Show

7.00 - 9.00 Annie Mac & Nick Grimshaw

9.00 - 10.00 The Surgery

10.00 - 12.00 Tom Deacon

ChrisHewgill.jpg

Chris's contract expires in June / July.

I think Chris's show is sounding great at the minute, he's got another year left in him easily. Through fear of Jono hating me for turning this thread in to a what should the schedule be, this is what I'd be doing, realistically.

4.00 - 7.00 Dev

10:00 - 1:00 Fearne Cotton (I think daytime needs a female voice & R1 aren't going to replace her.)

1.00 - 4.00 Greg James

4.00 - 7.00 Scott Mills

9.00 - 10.00 The Surgery

10.00 - 12.00 Tom Deacon

overall i'd say thats okay. but i would add edith and jo instead of vernon/huh. then maybe put vernon in moyles' slot

Flash Flash!

because right now we still have to put up with moyles' stupid breakfast show adverts all day on radio 1. he just isnt funny at all.

So, you want Moyles off because his adverts bug you. God forbid you ever watch Channel 4 then. What a dumb argument to get someone off.

Nik B.

Born to Toads.

4.00 - 7.00 Dev

1.00 - 4.00 Greg James

4.00 - 7.00 Scott Mills

9.00 - 10.00 The Surgery

10.00 - 12.00 Tom Deacon

half an hour overlap between Dev and Chris? could be interesting ;)

For the most part I agree however I am horrified to read the words Matt Edmonson, Reggie Yates and Nick Grimshaw. it was a bad day for broadcasting when whatever muppet it was signed them. Poor Show

Not impressed with censorship