Radio 1 Breakfast with Greg James - First Thoughts
2 2

121 posts in this topic

They really are doing the most to kick off this first show :D

I’m cautious the overall quality of the show will go down a little as the show goes on content-wise (those pre-mixed ‘songs on the way’ surely won’t last)

7 minutes ago, OohErr said:

Can anyone else hear little bits of songs incorporated into the main theme? I've heard High Hopes by Panic!, Paradise by Coldplay and Shotgun by George Ezra. Or am I crazy.

Definitely heard High Hopes in there. I thought I was going mad too

11 minutes ago, Chris D said:

Definitely heard High Hopes in there. I thought I was going mad too

Would be quite weird as Greg doesn't like this song

EDIT: side note - so much work has gone into his show. This is how you do radio.

Edited by Aleks_

18 minutes ago, OohErr said:

Just confirmed: the Ten Minute Takeover returns at 9!

I'd have thought The Ten Minute Takeover would have been on at ten past-eight, peak time but that's only my opinion!

The main difference between Greg James and Nick Grimshaw's presentation style is Greg makes the show all about the listeners, which makes a lot of sense. Without the listeners there would be no show. It sounds really good!

1 minute ago, Greg20 said:

The main difference between Greg James and Nick Grimshaw's presentation style is Greg makes the show all about the listeners, which makes a lot of sense. Without the listeners there would be no show. It sounds really good!

It can go too far though imo - I do like to hear a fair amount about the presenter/team's lives.

Just now, OohErr said:

It can go too far though imo - I do like to hear a fair amount about the presenter/team's lives.

I relate. I'm sure that will happen too. Greg's talking about his own garden now! :D