Unofficial Mills

Moyles Vs. Kennedy

James R

Chris Moyles denies making radio host Sarah Kennedy 'cry' with F-word rant at Wogan bash

Controversial Radio One mouth piece Chris Moyles has denied sparking a fresh radio row after it was claimed he made a Radio 2 rival cry at a send off for Terry Wogan.

Moyles supposedly sparked the 'foul-mouthed' row after allegedly aiming his jibes at Radio 2 morning host DJ Sarah Kennedy at the send off. But now the host says his remarks were nothing more than 'light hearted banter'.

His supposed remarks came as he paid homage to his breakfast rival Sir Terry Wogan at a lunch to mark his exit from his long-standing Radio 2 breakfast slot.

As he took to the microphone, Moyles said: 'I am very nervous doing this because this is probably the first time Terry has ever heard me, ever.'

Then turning his attack on radio veteran Kennedy he was quoted saying: 'Actually, saying that Sarah Kennedy is on before him, [so] there's a good chance he might f****** tune in.'

He then reportedly mimicked a face of a drunk person.

Moyles' 'slight' follows previous accusations that Kennedy has slurred her words on her early bird show which she put down to having a bad cold.

Following the lunch in London, Kennedy, 59, was reportedly spotted crying.

But a BBC spokeswoman defended Moyles, denying the malicous claims.

'This was a celebration for Terry and it was a lively event with lots of light hearted banter and jokes between presenters throughout the lunch', said the spokeswoman.

And Kennedy denied she even heard Moyles's verbal assault.

'I am used to it, it is showbusiness.'

Noel Edmonds, Tony Blackburn, Chris Tarrant and John Humphrys were among the other stars who turned out to see off Wogan.

http://www.metro.co.uk/showbiz/805891-moyles-denies-making-kennedy-cry

james_ryder.png