Unofficial Mills

Scott playing Christmas songs - too early?

Roy H

NOPE!! It is not!! Society already has the Xmas stuff in the shops, the lights about to go on in the streets, it's cold, crisp and wintry outside..... there seems to be rules in radio land about not playing Xmas tunes until December - my local DJ went "nuts" because I sent a text in for a Xmas choon in September, but then.... who cares!!!! Let's break all the stupid traditional rules and get the songs on!! I. hate. rules. (fact).

PS: Scott, if you're reading this, please can you play Madonna's Santa Baby - love that.

That's Madonna's Santa Baby!! thank you so much.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

I heard scott playing Mariahs christmas song and turned off, I dont like christmas songs before december because I like short festivals that have some kind of meaning...I dont want an all year round christmas.

But if you want to be alternative, lets boycott festivities until january and send christmas cards and greetings then... we could be the first to send cards etc in 2010. and then continue to send christmas greetings every day, we could just add it to our signature :)

Does the thought of christmas ever go away really? its probably worse for those of us in retail who see presents, wrap, cards etc arriving on the lorries around August, then that runs right through till december/january when the sales are on.

To me its all commercial nonsense, if i wantd to buy someone a present I would buy them it anyway. My ex and certain members of her family were of the view you had to get people something at christmas and you had to spend a lot to show you cared. Thanksfully dont need to bother with that for the first time in years so it'll just be a couple smal things for the parents and brother next month

Not impressed with censorship

Guest CancerForTheCure

Personally, I don't think it's too early. It's the only thing that helps me get through all the work at the moment. It makes me want to give up whenever I remember how much I have to do this term but then I remember it's Christmas soon so I technically get quite a long break then. Christmas makes me happy :)