Unofficial Mills

Wake up to Edith on weekend breakfast

E*F*4L

******** 7-10 saturday & sunday BBC Radio-1 FM *******

1-1.jpg

Well Edith's new show will be starting this weekend :D

is will be about kick starting your weekend & also on the show will be guest, interviews with movie stars, directors & reviews, chat with Radio-1's resident movie buff James King.

i wonder if there will be any new features or games on the show ?

they could have a phone in competition where the listener has to answer movie related questions (maybe one of the questions could be put forward by the previous weeks guest) for each correct answer you could win the corresponding chart DVD to the question number, if you get all ten you could also win a months cinema pass of something.

i hope they can get in James Cameron in to talk about his new movie Avatar, another good guest would be Kevin Spacey as he is local & he could even be a regular as it would help introduce young people to the theater as he is artistic director of the Old Vic theater.

if James is away they could always get Jonathan Ross in to chat movies, as he has nothing to do on Saturday mornings anymore ;)

good luck Edith & James :)

:)

Alan I do have to say, you could have found a better photo! I shall be listening in the morning this weekend from about 8.

i have got lots i could have used, but that one is the only hi-res one i have with her in a radio setting, thus its relevant to the show & topic thread.

hopefully all things related to the show will be in this thread, & maybe if its a success & people start talking about movies more etc & with a whole new weekend line-up with Jo's new show, there could be enough traffic & posts to warrant a 'Weekend Area' ?

:)

******** 7-10 saturday & sunday BBC Radio-1 FM *******

they could have a phone in competition where the listener has to answer movie related questions (maybe one of the questions could be put forward by the previous weeks guest) for each correct answer you could win the corresponding chart DVD to the question number, if you get all ten you could also win a months cinema pass of something.

Highly unlikey

james_ryder.png

Jono should just close the thread then, along with Jo's one.

i give up !

I think it's fair enough to open two threads for both girls starting weekends seeing as there isn't an official one for either like with Fearne and Greg.

I'm not saying the threads shouldn't be there. Just certain posts, well if I was Edith I think I'd be a bit more worried than pleased to have a fan. The word obsessive comes to mind.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

The morning started with a sense of 'this seemed alright at the time but now I'm regretting it'.

I don't think the format is too dependant on whatever time her show goes out.

A little tedious she has a feature called 'shout out' but that's early mornings for you. I think it's a much easier listen and as long as she's happy with it there's no reason it won't be a success :)

I heard it sunday morning...she was tired, husky from doing her DJing the night before...and I thought it worked really well!

She was bright and cheerful, talking loads, chatting to listeners on the phone and seemed more real and likeable than Ive heard in ages! The overenthusiasm was balanced by human comments about how much she would like a bacon sandwich and how hard it was to function normally when she had only got home at 4am and had to be out again at 6!

• 3 months later...

this is what i remember edith bowman as:-

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InF92KwXVhI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InF92KwXVhI&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

back when mtv was cool.

on the grid.