Unofficial Mills

Terry Wogan to leave Radio 2 breakfast

duncan

I quite like to google my own name, and attach chrismoyles.net at the end!! It always throws up some interesting stuff!! :hahaha:

They like a different type of radio so that's fair enough. If they don't like Mills they're naturally going to prefer Mayo or Evans.

Pffft... it's perfectly possible to like a number of styles. I like Mills, Moyles, Cox and Nihal. And Jeremy Vine off of Radio 2.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

The Sun as finally picked up on the story. But of course had to mention Moyles but not with a compliment.

<!-- Article Start --> GOODBYE Togs. Hello lads. Broadcasting legend Terry Wogan is stepping aside from his hugely popular Radio 2 breakfast show after 27 years of service.

And his army of loyal listeners, known as Togs (Terry's Old Geezers or Gals), are in mourning.

To make matters worse for the Togs, their "national treasure" is passing Chris Evans, the figurehead of lad culture, through the revolving doors of BBC Radio HQ.

Last night the Togs faithful were spitting cornflakes in disgust over the decision and took to the Beeb's website to complain of "a terrible choice" and "a mistake".

And former Radio 2 presenter Gloria Hunniford said: "I'm surprised Chris Evans is moving in. I have him in a more childish category. I don't want to go zap, zap, zap, zap. I prefer the more gentle humour of Terry."

Listener William, of Colchester, Essex, said: "Only Jonathan Woss and Russell Brand would have been worse. I shall vote with my feet."

It is a seismic change for Radio 2 and a huge shock to the routine of eight million people who religiously Wake Up To Wogan every morning.

Terry broke the news of his departure later this year to his listeners live on air yesterday.

He said: "I wanted to be the first to tell you. It's the least I owe you for endless years, countless hours of morning companionship, friendship, good humour and laughter.

"Your loyalty and support has been a beacon of love in my life. I'd rather leave while we're in love, as the song says, while the programme is the most popular on British radio, while we still delight in each other's company."

Evans built his wildman reputation in the 1990s as one of the key hell-raising figures in London riding the wave of "lad" culture.

He also had scandal-packed stints as host of Radio 1 and Virgin's breakfast shows - both of which he was forced to leave.

Last night Evans said: "Good luck Mr W. I promise I will do my utmost not to let you and your listeners down."

The new breakfast battlefield has another fascinating front.

Evans will be going head-to-head with Chris Moyles, who recently took a pay cut to sign on for another year at Radio 1. It makes him the longest serving breakfast show host in the station's history.

Wogan's departure paves the way for Moyles to finally claim bragging rights as the host of the nation's most popular show.

Terry once said Moyles was in "doubtful taste". The Radio 1 DJ responded by saying of Wogan that he would "tear that wig off his head and shove it up his ar*e".

It's a brave move in the scheduling by Radio 2. Bosses have been forced into the decision by Terry, 71, deciding to reduce his workload.

Evans, 43, has a loyal fan base which will eat into 35-year-old Moyles' ageing Radio 1 audience.

But on the same note, the youthful presentation style Evans brings to his shows will haemorrhage an army of Togs with nowhere else to go.

They could always reward themselves with a long lie-in and tune in to Ken Bruce at 9.30am.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2626637/Fury-as-Chris-Evans-replaces-Terry-Wogan-on-Radio-2.html

james_ryder.png

See this is great, Mayo on Drive as a brilliant alternative to the horrible radio 1 offering and Evans on breakfast for when Chris is off and they still insist on using Mills even though it blatantly doesn't work. I'm a happy bunny.

Maybe they should be listening to Radio 2? Sorry BBC Radio 2 ;)

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson