Aled Haydn Jones on BBC Radio Cymru

Jono

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought it was London. Surely not all presenters travel to Wales just to do the show?

I noticed on Tuesday night he had a clip from Alexandra Burke talking Welsh. I had visions of him standing there after the show with a microphone asking her to record some jingle for the Chris Moyles Show. And then cheekily giving her a card with something about STIs on for The Surgery to read out. And then saying "oh yeah, one more thing, do this in Welsh for my other show!" ;)

That's EXACTLY what happened!

What does erectie mean? We can't work this out!

Sorry if you've covered this, but it'll take some concentration to get through 11 pages before replying to anything so I'll reply as I go along.

C2 is the zone ('eck' is Welsh for C, and 'die' is welsh for 2) like Switch and is the young zone for BBC Radio Cymru. Magi Dodd is the presenter for 8 - 10 then different presenters for 10 - 11, and 11 - 1.

He did mention bonus points with Moira Stewart in a lift on the first night I tuned in. Reminded me of the Hoff on Hoff Mania. And now he's on about a Brazillian!

I'm the show's showbiz correspondant from Wales on a Thursday night, and I have been for 7 years. Now that I'm hosting the show I needed someone to look for celebs and tell me who's where for me. I've asked this girl Elin to do this for me.

She was struggling.

He mentioned me twice tonight and I'm so paranoid he's slagging me off!

I wouldn't dream of if!

I wonder if Aled is in charge of the playlist?

Only of the English songs

EDIT: Is he broadcasting from Wales or London?

London till last night, on the way to Cardiff for tonight.

Pimp cant has to be something to do with the text number as he only mentions it during the reading of texts.

The text number or 'tecst' in Welsh (not proper use of word but I refuse to say a long Welsh word - or two in fact for "text") is 6 7 500. 5 is pimp, 100 is 'cant' so pimp-cant is 500

:shock: Aled wouldn't do that! would he?

No of course not! I saw Jono's message on Twitter so I gave him a shout out and I merely said he runs UnofficialMills.

hey aled if your reading this its bin a gr8 show cudnt understand most of it but it bin funny and cant believe scott and beccy can speak welsh lol :)

Thank you!

Hello Aled! Great show this week :D

Thank you.

I'm the show's showbiz correspondant from Wales on a Thursday night, and I have been for 7 years. Now that I'm hosting the show I needed someone to look for celebs and tell me who's where for me. I've asked this girl Elin to do this for me.

She was struggling.

Aw. She sounded good anyway. Just didn't quite know what the feature was.

Can we expect any R1 pals on the show tonight?

I'm dissapointed that you didn't mention my awesome language skills, Aled. :P Also, whats the welsh for 'Services' as in the motorway type? I thought i knew it (i know it starts with 'G' and ends in something like 'nathau') but can't remember the middle bit. ;)

Another one to add - "Canalog" Central, as in Cardiff Central train station.

Gonna listen to tonights show, been busy with my own show this week, but tonights my night off :D

>> I'm on here every now and again... <<

http://www.offthechartradio.co.uk

Aw. She sounded good anyway. Just didn't quite know what the feature was.

Can we expect any R1 pals on the show tonight?

I'm ashamed to say it Jono, but No. If I was honest, the launch of the tour has now meant we are working all out to get it together, and I was using my time after my working day to record a Radio 1 DJ. I'm travelling to Cardiff for tonight's last show (spot the technical difficulties with the desk tonight) so won't get a chance :(

I'm dissapointed that you didn't mention my awesome language skills, Aled. Also, whats the welsh for 'Services' as in the motorway type? I thought i knew it (i know it starts with 'G' and ends in something like 'nathau') but can't remember the middle bit. ;)

Another one to add - "Canalog" Central, as in Cardiff Central train station.

Gonna listen to tonights show, been busy with my own show this week, but tonights my night off :D

That IS impressive.

We should have asked the lovely Huw Stephens for translations. He's taught me everything I know in Welsh, by way of his word of the day on Twitter. I'm almost fluent thanks to him now. Haha.

Why isn't he involved? You threatened by his fellow Welshness Aled?;)

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

I'm actually quite miffed I'm missing tonight's show. It's filled the void in the evening for most of the week. Hopefully Aled can keep us updated if Magi Dodd ever chooses to take a holiday in the future (she probably won't want to now...!)

So jealous I'm not listening. I hope June will be filling me in on innuendo possibilities.

I'm tuned in but I have a headache :cry:

The concentrating makes my brain ache ;)

Hubby is confused as to why I'm listening to a radio show in Welsh. Don't think I'll tell him I've been listening all week.

No. I'm sneakily foruming at work.

He played loads of Welsh songs in a row and your post made me think you were listening.

I feel a bit guilty I've tuned in for Aled everyday this week and missed two of Scott's shows.:confused:

I still prefer to think he's playing snog marry avoid rather than it being the entertainment news.