Unofficial Mills

Aled Haydn Jones on BBC Radio Cymru

Jono

Bit of fun in the style of an Oh What's Occurring question.

Aled was on BBC Radio Cymru tonight - as he is for the time being filling in for Maggi Dodd. But my question to you is how many English words/phrases did Aled mention? (Unfortunately I couldn't clip them all!)

84 - I can prove it - they're on sticky notes!

http://www.unofficialmills.co.uk/communities/local_links.php?catid=51&linkid=2067

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What does erectie mean? We can't work this out!

Yeah, I don't know. It's in every other sentence! It doesn't mean BBC or Radio. And the show is Maggi Dodd. Yet erectie is in the e-mail. Maybe it's like [email protected] even though they used studio in Wales.

Also what's Pimp Cant or whatever he occasionally mentions? Fourth night of listening right now...! The music is very Eurovision.

Yeah, I don't know. It's in every other sentence! It doesn't mean BBC or Radio. And the show is Maggi Dodd. Yet erectie is in the e-mail. Maybe it's like [email protected] even though they used studio in Wales.

Also what's Pimp Cant or whatever he occasionally mentions? Fourth night of listening right now...! The music is very Eurovision.

I heard pimp cant the other night quite a few times and wondered what the hell it was

james_ryder.png

I heard pimp cant the other night quite a few times and wondered what the hell it was

He said something about "dirty phonecalls" and heavy breathing after it tonight. I seriously wonder if we're tuned into a dirty show at some points.

Also he keeps mentioning Danielle Lloyd. She was off of footballers and Big Brother. Is it the same person. Or is it someone completely different?

He said something about "dirty phonecalls" and heavy breathing after it tonight. I seriously wonder if we're tuned into a dirty show at some points.

Also he keeps mentioning Danielle Lloyd. She was off of footballers and Big Brother. Is it the same person. Or is it someone completely different?

I laugh at the shout outs on Welsh radio the other night for x in Essex then x in newcastle. Rather amusing

james_ryder.png

He did mention bonus points with Moira Stewart in a lift on the first night I tuned in. Reminded me of the Hoff on Hoff Mania. And now he's on about a Brazillian!

He mentioned me twice tonight and I'm so paranoid he's slagging me off!

EDIT: Is he broadcasting from Wales or London?

I thought it was London. Surely not all presenters travel to Wales just to do the show?

I noticed on Tuesday night he had a clip from Alexandra Burke talking Welsh. I had visions of him standing there after the show with a microphone asking her to record some jingle for the Chris Moyles Show. And then cheekily giving her a card with something about STIs on for The Surgery to read out. And then saying "oh yeah, one more thing, do this in Welsh for my other show!" ;)

I wonder if Aled is in charge of the playlist?

We were talking about this on MSN. It's a mix of Eurovision sounding Welsh songs and a lot of camp music. Didn't seem coincidental that Madonna's new one was on there!

Crashing the vocals of Sexy Bitch. Probably not his finest moment :P

I think he throws these tracks in to stop us losing the will to live with the Welsh music. Sorry, it just does nothing for me when there's little tune and you can't understand the lyrics :)

If anyone wants to join us: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/bbc_radio_cymru