Unofficial Mills

10 Hour Takeover is back!

JonathanEx

Tracklisting is here: http://bit.ly/37loqG

We all seemed to love it here back in... January, was it? Blimey, ages ago: but for August bank holiday, 31st, the takeover is back - it's not mentioned on the press office or /programmes/ yet.

I'm kinda worried, as the 10 Hour Takeover worked best with Murray, when he would go for the eccentric suggestions: the amount of standard, playlist style stuff with Greg last time made it kinda boring... and I wonder if Dev, in the newest to R1 (but not to BBC Radio, of course) will be towing the ideal tracklisting a bit. Yes, it's listener suggestions, but someone has to pick from those.

BritishGaming.co.uk | SciFi.co.uk

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the black hole of Radio 1 should be made an honorary one-off show. Bring back David Hooper's show too. Let's have some new entertainment rather than bringing back ideas which worked so much better in the past. The ten hour takeover highlights everything wrong about Radio 1's music policy - that there's too many fascists working in the playlist department restricting freedom.

I think they start the THT at 9am :)

I have my doubts about this to be honest, I can hardly see Dev doing a double shift, Perhaps twin b will do the early breakfast slot.

I think it would work far better with Scott, Huw, Annie and Zane, personally. I second the David Hooper comment too.

>> I'm on here every now and again... <<

http://www.offthechartradio.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to text in and ask for Scott & Laura's version of HSM Breaking Free but then while I was in the car driving to work Scott played the normal version :( Booo! I think that was on purpose so no-one would request his version!!! ha ha

EDIT: I have thought of a new one!! Gonna ask him to play R.A.D.I.O. off of SMTM :D

Is Scott on his own today?

glitzy.jpg

Yeah it's Freya in today off of Edith's show.

He seems to be mostly going for people from festivals.

Haha, go for it, ask for R.A.D.I.O.!

I wonder if Scott's calling people back who text in or going mainly for people who called in? Anyway, let's play the fun game of "how long until a Playlist track turns up"!

I bet one will turn up in a minute.

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

I've requested RADIO too.

I get the feeling this is going to be coasting along for the next 40 minutes, a quick phone chat and then a song, a bit of variety but nothing too bland. Then when we hit Dev, I hope he doesn't do what Greg did at the start of the show last year and make it pretty much like the request show where it was practically picking songs off the playlist and the odd stereotypical Eye of the Tiger type track. I know it all depends on songs texted in, but there's an element of choice from the songs that have been sent in.

I think Nihal will be good though, I expect the wordsmith to do a rallying cry for absolutely anything like Colin did last year. Nihal had the early first hour last year before it really gets in to gear, so we'll see.

If it's asked for enough, surely he could self indulge.

And see, we've got the Yo Gabba Mix, surely there's a chance for the musical. :P

It's kinda funny, for all the time on air in the buildup to the musical, there was remarkably little of the final show actually on the radio.