Unofficial Mills

Moyles in contract negotiations?

Jono

I hate to go all iain_smith (or bradcal) on you but does anyone think Moyles might have been in contract negotiations today? It's around this time in July they go for meetings with the big bosses about contracts and we all know this year Moyles is going to need more than a working lunch to sort his future out. He's also not the sort of person just to take a day off seeing as he's freelance. I get the feeling it might be to do with contracts. A plausible theory?

He said somewhere (I think Twitter, perhaps?) that 'all will be revealed on Tuesday'. Maybe it's something to do with this parody album? But then, as the_grove said, the show is quite early so surely meetings could take place later in the day?

He said somewhere (I think Twitter, perhaps?) that 'all will be revealed on Tuesday'.

Oh I didn't realise he'd spoke openly of it, I assumed it was something properly hush hush. In which case, I imagine it could be to do with the Music4 stuff and parody album.

Yeah, probably..

Just had a thought, though. He said at like 1am (on Twitter) that he had to go and do something.

Perhaps he's popping the question today? OR MAYBE HE'S IN LINE TO BECOME A DAD?

I may be looking into this too much, but there's always a possibility!

Guest inxces4308
Yeah, probably..

Just had a thought, though. He said at like 1am (on Twitter) that he had to go and do something.

Perhaps he's popping the question today? OR MAYBE HE'S IN LINE TO BECOME A DAD?

I may be looking into this too much, but there's always a possibility!

Probably. It'll no doubt be something REALLY boring.

He has said he'll talk about it tomorrow, so just have patience.

CHRIS Moyles has taken a pay cut to host Radio 1's breakfast show for another year, TV Biz can reveal.

The gobby DJ had been locked in talks with BBC chiefs for some time about his future on the station.

But he has now signed up for just 12 more months. Moyles, like all other BBC stars, agreed to a somewhat smaller wage.

His £630,000-a-year salary has been whittled down to around £500,000.

TV Biz has told how station chiefs held secret meetings about replacing Moyles as his listeners grow older with him.

Yesterday a BBC source said: "Chris is Radio 1's biggest star, so we were trying to work out a deal that makes everyone happy.

"The negotiations were tense, but we all agreed that one more year on the breakfast show would be the best thing for Chris and Radio 1. Neither side was ready to stop just yet."

The news comes just a day after Moyles accused BBC radio of being "dull and boring".

He claimed bosses were so nervous of upsetting listeners they destroyed shows with too much red tape - and radio had become "formulaic".

He said: "The BBC is in a weird state where they don't want to upset anybody.

"Everything needs to be signed, sealed and approved 18 times. But you can't keep everyone happy at the same time."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/2535493/Chris-saved-for-Radio-1.html

Although I respect Moyles' decision to take a pay cut, I don't really see why he should have done.

OK, he may have been overpaid to start with, but he still has tonnes of happy listeners and is doing the same job he was contracted to do to the best of his ability. Talk about changing the goalposts.

The BBC really appears to be in a mess at present.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.