Unofficial Mills

Madness At The Airport!!

Viv

According to 'Saturday Plus' (TV supplement magazine) Ryanair will be introducing a new "carry-your-own-bag-to-the-aircraft" policy next Summer!!

It's all do with giving customers the lowest possible costs!! But what about people with a disability, or a bunch of kiddies in tow?

Is this one step too far? :|

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

The paper that printed the luggage story are saying that people are gonna have the toilet problems again, because people will be so busy getting bags and what-no through Security that they won't have the time to get to the loo, resulting in huge queues once people get on to the aircrafts!!

I've no idea what their security is like... never flown with Ryanair. It must be the usual customs stuff, that you walk through, and it bleeps if you've got something suspicious. Mind you, if you go through the security scanners, and the alarms go off, are you supposed to just unpack all your bags on the spot??

I can't see this working out anyway.

Latest rumor i hear is Ryanair are thinking of using "bar-stool" seating in the aisles, this will be for stand-up passengers--in other words use all possible avalible space in the aircraft, of course this is rumor because the safety aspects would be horrendous (especially the UK health and safety culture which to me is hilarious), maybe soon seating on the wings? the Bathroom fiasco of ryanair was found to be false--but i hear its a possible option as a captive passenger will have no alternative, maybe poop their pants? i also hear that "pay per view" privelige for window seats is another option being explored.........:(

Hacer a los demás lo hacen otros de vosotros, Sólo ser feliz :)

I thought this thread would be about an impromptu Madness gig at an airport somewhere. Most disappointing.

Monarch already offer people the option of upgrading to a window seat. I flew with them this morning. Ryanair already charge you to put baggage in the hold, isn't that enough to pay for baggage handlers and whatever? I don't see how it can ever be safe to have people standing on planes for take-off, landing and turbulence.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

I thought this thread would be about an impromptu Madness gig at an airport somewhere. Most disappointing.

I also only saw the title but didn't visit and assumed the same thing. I thought Viv was reminiscing about the good ol'days of music.

event-3003200922303029762-13064.jpg

I also only saw the title but didn't visit and assumed the same thing. I thought Viv was reminiscing about the good ol'days of music.

event-3003200922303029762-13064.jpg

I saw them 2 weeks ago today, and they were still good. A little rounder than in the good ol' days but the saxophonist was flying above the stage Pantomine-style which was pretty impressive. They're playing Nottingham next weekend as well.

I saw them 2 weeks ago today, and they were still good. A little rounder than in the good ol' days but the saxophonist was flying above the stage Pantomine-style which was pretty impressive. They're playing Nottingham next weekend as well.

Bit pricey to see here on their own but they certainly looked alright on the BBC Four Glastonbury coverage. Think they're about £24 a ticket when they come here.

=

Monarch already offer people the option of upgrading to a window seat.

Come on, I'm a pilot for Monarch and I know that's not true..... :) Extra legroom maybe? x

It's Ryanair, what do people expect? The owners a money-grabbing idiot. I have to fly Scum-air in a couple of months (no-one else flies from Gatwick to Ireland) and we are already looking at how we can cut the costs with them (sharing suitcases etc)

no comment on the above :) Fortune....Fly Aer Lingus.. They will fly you from Lgw to Dub also :)

Come on, I'm a pilot for Monarch and I know that's not true..... :) Extra legroom maybe? x

That's what I meant to say I think. An emergency exit seat, not just a window seat. Unfortunately, I didn't pay for the extra legroom option, and didn't get any sleep when I flew over night, which is why I didn't make much sense when I posted in this thread.

Nice to see you on the site, anyway. Got any good airline-related stories?