Unofficial Mills

Trampoline must go - or burglars will use it to break in

Jono

A MAN has been told to remove his daughter’s trampoline from a communal garden...because neighbours fear burglars will use it to leap in through their windows.

Matthew Nice said representatives from his landlord, London and Quadrant, had ordered him to get rid of his daughter Yasmin’s trampoline.

Mr Nice, 36, of Market Avenue, Wickford, said his eight-year-old daughter uses it to exercise and is refusing to move it.

He said: “It would be one dumb burglar who would try to use a tiny trampoline to jump into a window.

“If it was a giant 20ft trampoline that would be one thing, but this is only 3ft wide and 12 inches high.

“It’s complete rubbish anyone would use it to help them break in.

“There are wheelie bins around here and they are much taller than that.”

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/4464888.Trampoline_must_go___or_burglars_will_use_it_to_break_in/

Methinks they're lacking some common sense somewhere along the line. That's probably the smallest trampoline I've ever seen :D

Idiots..... How is someone gonna get through a window by bouncing on a tiny trampoline... its more of a trampet..

I can just imagine a criminal spending two or three minutes bouncing up and down trying to get into an open window.

Bloody health and safety. They never had cages around in my day. If you were stupid enough to fall off, tough luck. The kids next door have one with a bloody great net around it.

My friend had one similar to this http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml09/09732a.jpg when we were little. I imagine an adult trying to jump on that would break it rather than reaching a height greater than they could jump without the help of the trampoline.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'