Unofficial Mills

Swine Flu

E*F*4L

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some peoples immune systems will fight it better than others thats all, people went crazy over Sars a few years ago & that was new, this Swine flu is just a combination of other flu variants that come & go every so often, lots of people die from normal flu every year & now the UN & WHO are calling it a pandemic ! how many have died 200 odd not really a pandemic & it's making people go crazy, that school in Devon today, people fleeing from the school in tears come on whatever happened to the English stiff upper lip !

i wouldn't be to happy if my holiday had been canceled this, more chance of getting run over than catching Swine flu, all them empty beaches & tequila going to waste :(

:)

should we send children to school then if schools are a very common place to catch and spread infection, what about collages & workplaces maybe everyone should stay at home for the next month & not go out encase they catch it ?

Actually, that is exactly what the NHS will suggest if it becomes a national crisis. What else would you suggest? Don't you think staying at home for a while would be preferable to dying?

I'm sure being quarantined wouldn't effect most geeks on here much, me included. Would like a nice excuse to stay on the computer all day ;)

Can we all just stop stressing about this? I doubt anyone on here (or hopefully not any friends or family) are going to catch this swine flu. No-body on here is a qualified doctor (at least I don't think they are) and so are regurgitating the news into posts; noone knows what the NHS is going to do next. And Alan is merely putting his views across.

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

Can we all just stop stressing about this? I doubt anyone on here (or hopefully not any friends or family) are going to catch this swine flu.

I don't only care about myself and my family, I care about other people, and not just British people either.

If anyone's dying of a new virus, personally I don't see it as being unnecessary stress. Just my opinion.

I don't only care about myself and my family, I care about other people, and not just British people either.

If anyone's dying of a new virus, personally I don't see it as being unnecessary stress. Just my opinion.

The only people to die from it so far are those in mexico? Its more likely to be down the hygene and poor health care... not soley the virus...

Kitty <3

Aaaand the little boy in America who died today.

Why would it upset me any less that they're from Mexico and dying?

The little boy that died in Texas was a Mexican boy who was visiting family in America but was not American. It remains that only Mexicans have been killed by the virus so far.

The little boy that died in Texas was a Mexican boy who was visiting family in America but was not American. It remains that only Mexicans have been killed by the virus so far.

Which makes it more probable (is that a word), that it is the mexican health care system and the hygeine, as there has been no deaths elsewhere. I could be wrong.

Kitty <3

Its typical for the media to hype things up as it is just now. As a result everyone panics where as there is no point in panacing until we know exactly what we are facing. It could be something genetic making Mexican people react worse to it than other countries, or to do with living conditions, food and water availability, health care then have access to.... We can't do anything exect for follow the story and see what happens. Panicing about something we have no control over will only worsen the situation.

this thread is making it out to be the end of the world...

I don't think it's right saying stuff like that, because for the family of those mexican victims it really is the end of their worlds.

I just think it's important to keep up to date on world affairs like this, especially when it's perfectly possibly that it could hit Britain in a few months, that's all.