Unofficial Mills

Grimmy in for Colin Murray

Adam619

Oh I don't like that idea. Grimmy is a teenage television presenter and I associate him with a Chappers and Dave jokey incompetent style. He just doesn't seem the sort to suit an evening presenting role. He just isn't the sort of person I'd turn to for a show passionate about music.

If anyone from daytime was to present it I would rather Greg and put Ronnie back on Early Breakfast. I think I would rather Huw Stephens, Vic Galloway, Bethan Elfyn or Rory.

I'll give Grimmy the benefit of the doubt but I think he might come as a shock to usual listeners who like Colin's evening easy listen style.

Nick Grimshaw is very passionate about music. He started his career as a club promoter and all his tv work has been about music. I agree Huw Stephens would probably be a better choice, he usually does cover for Colin, maybe he's unavailable. Nihal is boring and overused.

It will be interesting to listen to a different side to Nick Grimshaw....from dipping into his shows I had no idea he was interested in music! I thought he was more in the line of Fearne... a media presenter who liked parties, namedropping and wanted to be famous!

That's the impression I got. With the fact he does stuff for the NME Awards could only be a bad thing. The NME Awards was the cringiest event I'd ever seen in terms of music. Does not mean I dislike him, I just think his style is more suited to daytime presenting.

looking at the radio times...what a complicated trail is caused by the absence of Chris Evans! (I think)

Grimmy is effectively covering for Chris evans on R2, via Simon Mayo covering on R2, Colin covering on R5 and Grimmy covering on R1. Could they have made it any more complicated?

looking at the radio times...what a complicated trail is caused by the absence of Chris Evans! (I think)

Grimmy is effectively covering for Chris evans on R2, via Simon Mayo covering on R2, Colin covering on R5 and Grimmy covering on R1. Could they have made it any more complicated?

I assume this is why Fiona Philips is being drafted in to cover Simon Mayo soon. They're bending over backwards to get Mayo on Radio 2 it seems.

No I do not like this at all. Huw should so be in Colin's slot. So to speak.

I couldn't agree more. I remember hearing Huw at the start of the show one week and being a bit sceptacle, but he did a really good job.

Huw's voice suits night time radio better, he carried Colin's links well and he threw in his own lil bits, was brilliant.

Radio 1 bosses should definently re-think this job fill :(