Unofficial Mills

Cyber Dumping!!!

Viv

I got dumped by e-mail - although I'd already moved to Wrexham by that time and was an hour away from my ex, so he didn't really have much of a choice. I generally think that phone/e-mail dumping is acceptable if you're a long way away from the person in question. Text dumping on the other hand I've never approved of, as texts are very restrictive and don't allow you to explain your reasons properly to your partner.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

Dumping via social networking sites = all time low. Jono would probably dump me on here ;)

I'm not on the computer all the time whereas I do always have my phone with me. I imagine if I got dumped by email I wouldn't know until a few hours later, probably after I'd sent lots of texts to said person in a perfectly happy way.

email dump? You may as well send a letter/telegram when it comes to people like me ;)

I dumped someone by text once, but in my defence I knew it was low but thought it was deserved. I was told when I was going to her house I was to walk in front of her because she had a reputation to keep up. Needless to say that particular "relationship" lasted all of 2 days

Not impressed with censorship

I've been accused of doing this!

What got me was that I never actually said it was over, it's only when I heard from a friend of my ex that I was all kinds of names under the sun,I asked what they were going on about and they enlightened me...

I shown the message that I sent which was "If we're arguing like this, then I can't really see the point anymore" so she asked "does that mean we're over" I said "We need to talk"... and that was it. Still, her stupidity did me a favour, I couldn't imagine being with someone as thick as a plank of wood for the rest of my life.

I shown the message that I sent which was "If we're arguing like this, then I can't really see the point anymore" so she asked "does that mean we're over" I said "We need to talk"... and that was it. Still, her stupidity did me a favour, I couldn't imagine being with someone as thick as a plank of wood for the rest of my life.

when i hear "we need to talk" i think a relationship is over.... usually cos that means it will be, from past experience.

Kitty <3

when i hear "we need to talk" i think a relationship is over.... usually cos that means it will be, from past experience.

Yeah, "we need to talk" are the most foreboding words anyone can hear in a relationship I think.

Reminds me of Flux by Bloc Party now. "We need to taaaaaallk".

I've never broken up with somebody over text or email but I have done it over MSN. I think it's fair enough because it allows time for them to think about their responses but also allows discussion in real time and doesn't restrict you to 160 characters.

I suppose it's sort of better to be dumped through virtual communication than waste money and time travelling to see someone, only to get dumped in person.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Guest CancerForTheCure

I dumped someone over msn but it wasn't exactly a significant relationship so I didn't feel too guilty. I also did it in a text once (or a multimedia, actually) but only because there was no other way to do it - I did intend to do it in person originally. I still feel bad about that but we've discussed it many times since then. Dumping someone is probably one of the worst things you'll have to go through when the other person is not expecting anything. I always try to do it in person though as most of the time it's something that needs to be discussed.

Yeah, "we need to talk" are the most foreboding words anyone can hear in a relationship I think.

The ex used to say this a lot to me.

I distinctly remember 1 time when I woke up to a message sayin "we need to talk". When she got back from her driving lesson it turned out she had been havin a look through my phone and had noticed I had called another girl (who was a friend) the previous day. I was thoroughy £@%$£# off when I discovered thats what it was about, because like most people I thought those 4 little words meant the end

Not impressed with censorship

Dumping someone is probably one of the worst things you'll have to go through when the other person is not expecting anything.

Thats exactly what i had to do recently because the ex didnt realise how horrible he was being and when i told him he laughed. he thought i was ok though and when i ended it, he totally didnt expect it. he then continued to guilt trip though...

Kitty <3

Guest CancerForTheCure
If I was going to finish it, I'd have told her to her face, but it was our first argument in 6 months of being together, still I moved on and landed myself in a whole world of dump with my last GF.

I'm staying single for bit! lol

See, I always think that if I ever split up with my current boyfriend (hypothetically speaking) then I'll probably stay single for a while. After all we've been together for 2.5 years which is not bad for a teenage relationship (AND I'm in my first year of uni). But then again, I just know that I won't stay single as that's one thing that I really cannot do - I'm one of those who always HAVE to be with someone :P