Unofficial Mills

Moyles to climb Kilimanjaro!

Viv

Guest inxces4308

Chris is apparently doing Steve Wright's show this afternoon?!! Chris' new quiz show begins on Channel 4 in a few weeks' time.

I thought he was doing his show too today but he dident. He is doing it tomorrow according to Steve Wrights final link.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TAKE THAT’s GARY BARLOW has been laid up with an agonising back injury — just days before he is due to climb 19,000ft Mount Kilimanjaro for Comic Relief.

The singer, 38, injured his fourth vertebra while training for the trek.

But he was said to be determined to be fit in time to leave on Friday.

Gary was hours from pulling out of performances at the Brit Awards and a benefit concert for Warchild on Wednesday — but kept going with strong painkillers.

The next day the Back for Good singer was whisked off for a scan at the Olympic Medical Institute in Harrow, West London.

A source said: “Gary has had a twinge in his back for a few weeks. He has a baby daughter and lifting her also put pressure on it.

“He is now flat on his back at home so the swelling goes down.”

A Comic Relief spokeswoman said: “We are fortunate to have the support of eminent sport professionals on the climb. Gary is lucky they found the injury in early stages.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article2259440.ece

Guest inxces4308
TAKE THAT’s GARY BARLOW has been laid up with an agonising back injury — just days before he is due to climb 19,000ft Mount Kilimanjaro for Comic Relief.

The singer, 38, injured his fourth vertebra while training for the trek.

But he was said to be determined to be fit in time to leave on Friday.

Gary was hours from pulling out of performances at the Brit Awards and a benefit concert for Warchild on Wednesday — but kept going with strong painkillers.

The next day the Back for Good singer was whisked off for a scan at the Olympic Medical Institute in Harrow, West London.

A source said: “Gary has had a twinge in his back for a few weeks. He has a baby daughter and lifting her also put pressure on it.

“He is now flat on his back at home so the swelling goes down.â€

A Comic Relief spokeswoman said: “We are fortunate to have the support of eminent sport professionals on the climb. Gary is lucky they found the injury in early stages.â€

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article2259440.ece

If Gary pulls out thats going to be pretty funny. I wouldent be surprised if Alesha Dixon pulls out next week too.

God, this is awful. I hope he's OK. Alesha Dixon, I do believe, is gonna pull out!!

Moyles was good with Steve Wright yesterday afternoon! Moyles was talking of altitude sickness being a worry!!

The documentary of the Kili. climb will be going out on BBC 1 at 8 p.m. on Thursday, 12th March '09!!

Apparently, if you get to the top of Mount Kili., you can see the actual curve of Planet Earth!!

BTW, on Steve Wright's show yesterday afternoon, they randomly broadcast the voice of the woman who says, "Oh, what's occuring"?!! Why.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Guest inxces4308

BTW, on Steve Wright's show yesterday afternoon, they randomly broadcast the voice of the woman who says, "Oh, what's occuring"?!! Why.

Yeah i thought he was great but instead of just playing out what was recorded you can tell they edited out alot of the breathes out of it which sounds bad.

Steve Wright is famous (in a non-famous way) for editing the breaths out of pre-recs, so much so that they sound completely unnatural.

I'm surprised if he even turns up for the show nowadays. He has a stupid 'webcam of the day' so you can't see if he's there, and most of his show is pre-recorded. In that respect I'm glad Scott has canned most of the pre-recorded stuff.

Gary Barlow was a guest with Paul O'Grady last night. Gary says there will be a means of tracking the climbing team via www.rednoseday.com.

Denise Van Outen says she and Cheryl Cole have now become so close that she's planning to grill her for wedding ideas. DVO is getting married later this year. DVO says, "I'm taking my notebook up mount Kili., so if Cheryl's got any wedding ideas, I can make a little note of them".

Finally, there are limited edition wines out for Comic Relief.

Red nose red = £4.99

Red nose white = £4.99 At least £1.00 from the sale of each bottle goes to Comic Relief.

Guest inxces4308

Well the Radio 1 total yesterday was £200,000

This morning it went up to £310,000.

It now (10pm) stands at £431, 922.

So they have added nearly £250,000 in one day!

--

Thats just the radio 1. The whole comic relief total is £482,506.

So, without Chris/Fearne this climb would have raised hardly anything so far!

I hope this is 2 fingers up to the media.

I believe Chris actually donated to his own cause when it was first set up. But yeah, he definitely could afford to give yet more. It kind of surprised me on the chris moyles' show that members of his own team hadn't donated initially. In a way, they should be the example to the rest of us.

I thought the climb was due to start on Sunday...they had a bit on the comic relief dance show tonight....everybody but Chris looks really fit. I wonder if he will have the stamina to finish the climb?

Also why should anyone including his team fell obliged to donate to charity? I thought it was a free choice?

I will happily pay my taxes in full and work with kids in need, and try and support politicians who advocate change, but I dont see why I should have to donate to anything?

It was recorded yesterday lol. Whatever time they were recording it, I can't remember if he said or not

The bit where Chris said that wasn't prerecorded, Vernon was talking to him. The bit after was prerecorded though.

The geek formally known as Scott Mills Guru