Unofficial Mills

Moyles to climb Kilimanjaro!

Viv

Chris has announced today that he is going to take on Kilimanjaro for Comic Relief with a handful of other celebrities.

But this is worrying me.

I do not like the amount he has already started talking about this trek and he's not even doing it for another few months!

From thinking he is going to die, to not wanting to do it, to discussing poo (yet again, disgusting so early in the morning), it was just so bloody boring. At 0915 hours, I had to switch stations, returned to R1 at 0925, and the discussion was still going on.

Either climb the bloody mountain, or just plain don't, and give the rest of us peace. Someone prove me wrong and that this will be worth it?

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I didn't hear the discussion but I have huge admiration of what Moyles does for Comic Relief and other charities. This is sure to be one of the ways he'll prove he's devoted to his job with the BBC.

I would have thought Moyles would be the last person to help climb Kilimanjaro - good on him :)

Couldn't have come at a better time with all this 'high paid' scandal ;)

Im all for charity, but Id agree with Viv, it was a bit boring this morning. Chris didnt sound as if he wanted to climb the mountain at all, but none of the rest of the team would allow him to contemplate giving up. Sounded crazy to me.....if Chris doesnt feel like climbing a mountain, dont make him do it!

I have also always liked Moyles' involvement with charity events. I agree with Viv, although I wasn't listening to that particular discussion, when I was listening earlier in the morning, I found it equally unentertaining. The shows have become noticeably less comical recently but this morning was such a bore.

Does anyone know if there is going to be another series of Celebrity Fame Academy for Comic Relief next year ?

I hope so, I don't like reality shows anymore but I always like watching this one for some reason :)

Anyway, I can't imagine Moyles climing the mountain and I completely understand why not because it looks incredibly hard to do, that "only 8 out of 19 or whatever number will make it" statistic was quite scary. But if he does go through with it you have to take your hat off to that.

kyliewilson.png

I'm wondering where on earth Gary Barlow got the idea. It's really quite random and off-the-wall.

Please remember that from January the Moyles will be looking for people to donate to the cause, and they will be setting up a Site where you can donate. I'll donate if he promises to shut up about it! :-)

I didn't realise Fearne Cotton will be doing it too.

Please remember that from January the Moyles will be looking for people to donate to the cause, and they will be setting up a Site where you can donate. I'll donate if he promises to shut up about it! :-)

If you don't like what he talks about or the length of time in which he talks about things then don't listen to him. Most of your posts recently seem to be about how much you're not enjoying Moyles, yet you seemingly continue to listen.

ChrisHewgill.jpg

The Band members apparently don't like her new "holier than thou" image, which she has now got thanks to the X-factor.

I was watching a TV programme the other night called "Girls Aloud Off The Record" (or something like that), and I found Cheryl quite whiney and demanding in that, compared with how calm and together she appears on the X-factor.

• 2 months later...

Cheeky-faced Moyles will shortly be looking for donations for his mountain climb!! I believe the situation is that you will be able to choose who you wish to donate to from all those doing the mountain climb!! Fearne Cotton and Rachel are also going.

As Moyles was saying yesterday... if every listener gives just a little, it will add up to a lot! Please help if you can!!

Moyles is training well, and yesterday he was in an oxygen chamber no less with Gary Barlow and Ronan Keating!

www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Kilimanjaro

Cheeky-faced Moyles will shortly be looking for donations for his mountain climb!! I believe the situation is that you will be able to choose who you wish to donate to from all those doing the mountain climb!! Fearne Cotton and Rachel are also going.

As Moyles was saying yesterday... if every listener gives just a little, it will add up to a lot! Please help if you can!!

Moyles is training well, and yesterday he was in an oxygen chamber no less with Gary Barlow and Ronan Keating!

www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Kilimanjaro

where do i go to sponsor ?

i won't be giving my normal amount to moyles as im going to split it with fearne, i just cannot imagine fearne in a tent on the side of a mountain :shock:

:)

I don't think the sponsor stuff is up yet - I was just trying to get the climb some ATTENTION. I'm sure Rachel will organise something though for the start of February? Maybe a justgiving "thingy"? Who knows.

I'm currently thinking of stuff I can give up, in order to give cash to this thing - less caffeine for starters. And less pecan & maple pastries from TESCO (aaah, the sacrifice).

I can't imagine Fearne on the side of a mountain either.

I'm also wondering if the outing will result in Chris & Rachel no longer speaking to one another.