6th October to 17th October 2008

Jono

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good point he's just made there - if someone gets your name wrong, do you tend to correct them?

I do correct people. My surname is Thoren, but pronounced Toren, like Thomas for example. The British really can't get the hang of this, but in Spain they always get it right. The 'th' sound is only used in Spanish for 'c' and 'z'. Strange.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

What do you reckon Scott would have on his rider, then? Greg's not giving anything away - it's got to be fake tan!

I do correct people. My surname is Thoren, but pronounced Toren, like Thomas for example. The British really can't get the hang of this, but in Spain they always get it right. The 'th' sound is only used in Spanish for 'c' and 'z'. Strange.

I have to admit I didn't have the hang of it then, I pronounced it in my mind as "th" :oops:

Alouette...deployer les ailes;

Alouette...plumerai les ailes.

Good point he's just made there - if someone gets your name wrong, do you tend to correct them?

It depends. I don't correct German people pronouncing my name in the German way - but I do correct my teachers because they all speak Danish so should be able to pronounce my name properly. I always correct them with a smile though, and apart from my maths teacher from last year they all understood and accepted it.

There is only one teacher I don't correct: my music teacher because she really can't speak Danish, it's actually very annoying to listen to her for two hours in a row. It's funny in the beginning but now one of my friends and I are starting to find it really annoying. How did she even get the job on a Danish school?

Il n'y a qu'un devoir, c'est d'être heureux; il ny'a qu'une vertu, c'est la justice -Denis Diderot

Haha, she must be a fool! Is your surname pronounced "Yessen"?

It is, very good Emma :) My first name is a bit more complicated :P

Well, my music teacher is German and has learned Danish as an adult. I think the school was in desperate need of teachers.

Il n'y a qu'un devoir, c'est d'être heureux; il ny'a qu'une vertu, c'est la justice -Denis Diderot

It is, very good Emma :) My first name is a bit more complicated :P

Well, my music teacher is German and has learned Danish as an adult. I think the school was in desperate need of teachers.

Knew that German A Level would come in handy ;)! Yes, I aren't even going to attempt your first name :P

Heeey Sam!

Afternoon Sam!

The game with no name :D I think I may text in - just not today, I wouldn't know what song to chose!

Exactly the same here! I've never heard it before, but it sounds like a good feature.