Unofficial Mills

BBC Switch Live

Jono

If you're aged between 14 and 17 you might just like the BBC Switch Live gig that Radio 1 are putting on next month.

The event, live from London’s Hammersmith Apollo, will take place on Sunday 12th October between 1pm and 6pm.

Annie Mac will have the line-up on her programme tonight and we'll run through the list of artists playing at 7.30pm.

Details of how you can win these tickets will be announced next Sunday on Switch.

the bbc are flogging a dead horse with this bbc switch lark. it's andy parfitt's silly idea that teenagers would rather hear this than quality radio. he cared more about promoting a show most teenagers won't listen to and as a result dave pearce has taken his show to 6music because he was pushed out. switch live is just a glorified version of the chart show live which wasn't inspirational radio two years ago when they did it.

who will play this? probably mcfly and some cheesy dance bands. a girl group. probably an emo band like my chemical romance too.

switch was supposed to be a show in touch with teenagers. in reality all it is proving is how out of touch with teenagers radio 1 is.

yawn.

Probably wouldn't interest me anyway, my music taste is less than mainstream at the moment :P I only listen to Radio at all now for the DJs, so Music shows like the Chart Show, and things like this, are lost on me... sounds cheesy even for those who do like the music though.

:D

Nik B.

Born to Toads.

I think Claire's spot on, I've never gone in for the whole Switch thing, and I find it pretty embarrassing that it's aimed at me. "Lol, put a funny word in your homework, now here's some My Chemical Romance..." and the like is just not for me. Most, if not all, of my friends desperately try to make themselves seem older, so this type of event really isn't up my street.

Fall Out Boy and Miley Cyrus will headline the event. This will be the very first time in the UK Miley performs as herself, rather than her TV alter ego Hannah Montana.

Ne-Yo, McFly, Basshunter, N-Dubz and George Sampson complete a line up of some of the biggest stars in the teen world.

Miley Cyrus said “I can't wait to get back to London and perform some of my very own tracks at the Switch gig in Hammersmith. London is one of my favourite cities and my friend Pete Wentz will be there so we're gonna have a lot of fun.”

Ne-Yo said “I can't wait to perform for Switch Live. I love the UK and my fans and can't wait to be back!"

McFly said “We are very excited about this show and really looking forward to meeting Fall Out Boy. We love playing the Apollo, its always a great atmosphere and it is really cool to be invited by BBC Switch to do so.”

Radio 1 DJs Annie Mac and Nick Grimshaw revealed details today (Sunday 28th September) of how to get tickets for BBC Switch Live, the first ever live event from BBC Switch.

BBC Switch Live will be exclusively for 14-17 year olds and takes place on Sunday 12th October from 2pm-6pm at London’s Hammersmith Apollo.

Tickets will be available from 6pm on Wednesday 1st October at Ticketmaster at www.ticketmaster.co.uk and 0844 847 1544. The only charge is a £4.95 fee for processing, admin, handling and postage/special delivery of tickets. There will be no booking fee. Tickets are limited to 4 tickets per transaction.

• 2 weeks later...

It seemed a bit pointless sending Fearne to Switch Live but it did make the chart more enjoyable with just Reggie on his own. She had the cheek to say she didn't like her dressing room though. She should be lucky she has one, it's not like she had to do much!