Unofficial Mills

I've warmed to Beccy already

Jono

Although I also miss hearing Laura, I don't really find myself comparing Becky to her as some of the comments do in this thread. Different person, her own things to bring to the show, and definitely now getting into her stride.

Happy to have her there, and a welcome addition to the team...

Although I really enjoyed having Laura around, I'm now also enjoying having Becky around, and don't really see any need to 'fill any boots' if you see what I mean.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CancerForTheCure

I couldn't make up my mind about her until today. She's definitely funny enough to be on the show. She's staying ;) 'Cause I said so.

Guest CancerForTheCure
You have to be on radio I'm afraid. You'll get nowhere for sounding under confident.

It's not like she's a DJ. She's not even a producer. It's not her job to sound confident :P But I'm glad she does.

You have to be on radio I'm afraid. You'll get nowhere for sounding under confident.

True but she's only been there 5 minutes,and she's not employed as a presenter,would have thought a graduated introduction would have been more subtle as far as the listeners were concerned.

Only an observation, i like her as i said.

I've been hovering in the background here for a while but now feel it's time to post as I feel quite strongly about this!

I can't believe how quickly you people have forgotten Laura, and all that she did for the show...She was geniunely entertaining, and brought life to the Scott Mills Show. This new 'Becky' is doing my head in! Who is she? Why is she 'on-air'? What relevance does she have? We know nothing about her!

Someone on here made a really good comment about how a new character on the show needs to be introduced gradually and that's exactly what they did with Laura. She did all those stunts, opened up her personal life to the show in the form of the diary and the whole 'one night with Laura' thing - which in my mind made great radio!

Now we get some random girl who loves cake - why is she on? What was wrong with keeping the format just Scott and Chappers? They are both experienced and entertaining broadcasters.

I'm not having a go at her but she's on all the time - maybe the show should be called 'The Scott & Becky Show'.

I can't believe how quickly you people have forgotten Laura, and all that she did for the show...She was geniunely entertaining, and brought life to the Scott Mills Show.

I might just have to pick you up on this one - we've definitely not forgotten about Laura! She's still very close to our hearts, and in fact posts here occasionally. A lot of people expressed how they didn't want Laura to leave Scott's show, but her move was a promotion, so at the end of the day 95% of us were very happy for her to be moving up in the world.

I'm with Grace on this one. If you take the trouble to read everything that's been posted about Laura on here over the past few months, you'll find we were all pretty unhappy about Laura leaving, and also gave Becky a rather hard time at first.

I think we are all trying to be positive about the show now - we aren't a load of Moaning Minnies like that Moylesnet lot.;)

Life moves on, things change. Laura is doing well for herself, and has indeed posted on here to say she is happy. She has not been forgotten by any means. However, Becky seems to be an intelligent, amusing and welcome addition to the show, and as such deserves some praise from us.:)

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

But don't you think she's on too much, and trying too hard to fit in at times? The cake bit was so contrived - you can't say that it was all her idea as it's probably all decided upon by TOTDS before the link anyway!

Also, you could tell that Laura and Scott were good friends in real life, but it feels forced with Becky.

Laura, Scott and Chappers have worked together for five years. Beccy has been with the show perhaps two months now. You can hardly expect an on-air bond between them just yet, but I think it's getting there.

Beccy is much more than "some random girl who loves cake". For me it's not that or her stories that make me laugh, it's all too scripted for me, it's her one-liners she comes out with. Her interaction with Zane and the fact she can spot an innuendo just as well as any other team member.

I've not forgotten Laura, but she has gone on to better things. It was her choice to leave, it's not as if she was forced out. As much as anyone I had my doubts about Beccy, but I think she has become a character to warm to, and I believe the more you hear her the more you're going to get used to her.

What I missed about Laura was her role meant she wasn't always in the studio and behind the microphone. This may have meant there was more going on production wise, but I quite like having Beccy always on hand to interact with Scott and Chappers.

What I missed about Laura was her role meant she wasn't always in the studio and behind the microphone. This may have meant there was more going on production wise, but I quite like having Beccy always on hand to interact with Scott and Chappers.

Surely it's the same job? The role of Assistant Producer on the Scott Mills Show?

Shouldn't Becky be doing all that production stuff as it's her job?

Surely it's the same job? The role of Assistant Producer on the Scott Mills Show?

Shouldn't Becky be doing all that production stuff as it's her job?

Maybe - but the show hasn't suffered this week because of it, has it?