Unofficial Mills

Will the programmes be a rip-off?

Jono

I read somewhere that a few years back the programmes were about £5. That's more than I want to spend for my food! Surely there's other ways of finding out what is on in each tent?

Well judging by my experience of Reading, although not really the same thing, there are a couple of similarities. The programme there was £8 last year and for a burger you could be expecting to pay about £5.

They did have the unofficial merchandisers on the streets near Reading, selling unofficial programmes for like £2, whether you find the same people at big weekend is another matter. Wouldnt suprise me, because they creep out of the woodwork when you least expect it!

Jono,

Food and drink can be really expensive. They check your bags and throw away any opened bottles etc as you're entering the site.

I strongly recommend you eat before you into One Big Weekend as the choice of food is also a bit interesting. Go for a meal in Maidstone or take snacks with you from home. Spending just a £5.00 is a reflection you've probably never been to a Radio 1 event like this?

When I went last year, The programmes were things your wore around your neck?

507033771.183.1247039672.png

didn't think radio 1 were allowed to sell that sort of thing and make money

I think that's why SJM Events are involved. Who like to rip you off at all eventuality if I recall from some of their gigs...

Didn't realise we had to buy programmes.

Surely you can use your Radio 1 links Jono to get us a free programme? :P

Otherwise we can just risk it or not eat for a while. :|

Mac: "Join me again next week on Let’s Make No Fucking Sense when I will be waxing an owl." - GREEN WING

Psst... Usher kicks off at 1pm so we could turn up late ;)

Word on the street is that programmes will be £7.

Or go into another tent?!? Unless its just him opening..

I'm sure we can scrape together 7 quid.

Mac: "Join me again next week on Let’s Make No Fucking Sense when I will be waxing an owl." - GREEN WING