Unofficial Mills

Unofficial Mills at Radio 1's Big Weekend 2008

Jono

Wow, very nice pictures Catherine.

Did you manage to see most of the people you wanted to?

Most of them.

We were very tired by sunday so for a lot of the bands we sat outside the tents. Still decent atmosphere and sound though.

Missed Paramore, although i've seen them at Brixton already so wasnt that fussed.

Who were your favourites Chris?

Mac: "Join me again next week on Let’s Make No Fucking Sense when I will be waxing an owl." - GREEN WING

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really suprised by Nelly, my friend dragged me along to see him and he wasnt actually too bad!

Oh really? We were catching The Wombats then. Pretty decent. DId Kelly Rowland perform with him? Heard about that from someone.

Mac: "Join me again next week on Let’s Make No Fucking Sense when I will be waxing an owl." - GREEN WING

I thought the UM coverage of the event was spot on. I liked the immediacy of the two regularly updated feeds (twitter and photobucket) on the minisite while you were both there as well as the additional pics posted after. It was almost like being there for those of us that couldn't be, when added to the BBC coverage. Cheers!

Watched the Pendulum video earlier. That bloke who was "MC"ing really grated on me after a while.

He did get quite monotonous. Fortunatly he didn't interrupt Propane Nightmares once :)

• 3 months later...
Ah yes. You'll be OK with a parent.

Yes, there were people of every age when I went to Preston, even a couple of grey-haired grannies enjoying Mika, I remember. I also saw at least one person aged about 7 or 8 years old

Imagine Chico saving you from a plane that had ditched in the ocean :shock:

Old brass bed warmer? It isn't me - honestly...

UM is a nice place

• 4 weeks later...