Unofficial Mills

12th April to 26th April 2008

Jono

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It certainly is very shabby treatment of Jono, I was incensed when I read how they've messed him around over a press pass for coverage of the Big Weekend. I think everyone at the Corporation is running really scared over the fake competitions scandals and even though this wouldn't be a competition they are still worrying that someone will say it is unfair. However, I see no difference in allowing a press pass to a well known fan website than in allowing one to say NME or the Guardian. The information will still be published and will probably be more influential where the target audience are concerned too.

I do wonder if the BBC Online people aren't just a teensy bit jealous and don't want an unofficial site stealing their thunder.

UM is a nice place

my opinion is that it seems odd that jono should have to plead with a press officer for a pass. he does a lot for the station and we know radio 1 lurks a lot on here. he should at least be offered something without needing to get in touch, it's not like they aren't ever in touch with him. it's hard to really understand where they rank unofficial mills at radio 1 but it's well known enough or paul denchfield wouldn't have ran his campaign here :confused:

(i actually wish he was there this year, we could have lynched him to get jono tickets!)

Scott will look lovely next week I'm sure.

No offence to Chappers, who's done a great job with Scott Mills Gold, but it'll be so great to have Scott back.

:yeahthat: Couldn't have put it better myself. Looking forward to Chopper's 'little orange friend's' return.

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

But will Chappers be there? He usually has a seperate holiday.

I sincerely hope he's gonna wait a few weeks. We need the 'Mills-Chappers chemistry' for a little while before he's allowed to go on holiday!

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Guest CancerForTheCure

People on the texts were saying that Chappers was no Scott but then again Scott is no Chappers and as much as I love him, he's not as good without Chopper. They should get married.