Unofficial Mills

MOYLES language and behavior

unclesirbobbyrobson

Christ, thank God none of you listen to Howard Stern. You'd be having a heart attack by now.

On that note, in the past few years, the censors have become more lenient. For example, it is now okay for my local radio (who has loads of listeners who take their 5-16 year-old kids to school) to use the A and B words. There is also constant vulgar stuff said to other staff members of the show. To an extent, it's probably worse than what Chris has said in the past.

I didn't bother to read any of this thread apart from the title. It's unbelievable how pathetic some people are.

How on earth can you comment if you have no idea what people are saying?

Or are you making a comment about yourself?

I know everyone is different and likes different things, I prefer humour to be subtle and clever rather than gratuitous, so would much prefer Mitchell and Webb or Peter Seraphhinoviz to Little Britain for instance. And I dont always think Chris Moyles language is appropriate. But I do still think that in general he is funny. What is wrong with making that sort of statement?

It's Radio1. It's meant to be edgy and a bit controversial. If you don't like it turn over. It isn't hard. It seems recently all people do is winge and complain. Just enjoy it for what it's worth. If your offended by Moyle's use of language you should really get out more or listen to Radio2.

How on earth can you comment if you have no idea what people are saying?

Or are you making a comment about yourself?

I agree about that. You can't go into a thread and call people pathetic if they've not read the thread.

WillM2007:

I know what he is like. The whole point of the thread was just to ask if any standards actually exist or are you allowed to do anything and say anything. I think that is at least worth debating.

What got me about this whole thing is that I am a big fan of chris moyles. Whatever he says or does I will still listen. Yet what he said was really irritating. I felt it was totally disrespectful to his own team.

Put it another way. If chris moyles was to join this forum. Would such behavior be acceptable. Could he say or do anything. Could he use language like "droopy old womens boobs."

There is a part of me that really likes chris moyles. Like a hero. Yet when I hear him say things like that I just think he is vile. Sorry for that. Cannot help it. It maybe the pressure of having to be funny and edgey. But I still don't like it.

I love listening to chris when i'm on the way to work and If I was still living where I grew up in then I'd think the same.

All I know is that it's banter that all folks take with a pinch of salt and would laugh at (or on my security guy's case at work it's a wink... I'm sure he's after all the girls in the shop visinity. He he).

It's something I totaly hated and would be offended by in the past but now i'm fine by it because my fella does it constantly as a way for me to learn and be fine with it.

Please don't worry about it. It's what makes chris. :)

It's kind of in the spirit of the show. It was never mallicious although you could tell at the time Carrie and Aled were a bit taken aback.

However, the next day he made up for it in a hilarious wee sing song and all, i'm sure, was forgiven.

Singing and strumming songs the world over.

YouTube us!! We bet you'll laugh... :)

Just say NO to munters!!

I do feel that Chris can sometimes give it, but not take it.

One instance is when a bloke put the phone down on him, Chris was determined to get him back.

If he didn't have a brother I would have said he was an only child.

I do enjoy chris's shows but he can go a bit too far sometimes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Actually I do own the road

Its almost like some people don't get Moyles or can show no show empathy. Obviously this comes with time of listening, much like any other show. I went through a period of saying Scott Mills was bollocks - I was very anti-team mills at one point, however I came around to the idea and started to listen.

Not taking a back seat and involving yourself in so much depth that it spoils the very essence of enjoyment you should be receiving.

unclesirbobbyrobson - Forgive me, but how old are you? And how long have you been listening to Moyles?

507033771.183.1247039672.png

Salty Dog

I iunderstand what you sare saying. Thinking about it I think he probably engineered the whole thing. He insults her and then it gives a reason for him to sing the song about carries breasts. He maybe had the whole idea in his head.

Often you can see things are clearly planned out. It was maybe the case here. I know its just something about that particular phrase that really wound me up. Its easy to forget about till the next time. Must be a difficult job entertaining the nation. being nice and politically correct does not always make for entertaining radio. Still there is a line that should not be crossed. I am sure that the same standards exist for all radio stations. I just suspect that the radio one audience do not get upset enough to actually complain. I was offended for a bit but I would never get to the stage of writing in to some watchdog