Unofficial Mills

the great radio 1 phone scandal

popbitcher

why is it that radio 1 uses an 0870 number. why can't it be a freephone number? we pay for radio 1 through the license fee, so why do we have to pay to make a call to the station? :| it means if you want tickets to the "free" big weekend you are paying an arm and a leg to try and get the chance. sure the bbc don't profit from this (or so they say) but why should we be the ones paying the extra price? i here by campaign for "08000 100 100" to be radio 1's number! :)

even though its a 0870 number which are normally expensive, im sure i have heard the R1 is only about 15p :confused:

It's not even that from BT. But it'll cost you 3.25p a minute to call any other person. It'll cost you 6p a minute to call Radio 1. Remember you're doing a lot of holding on, and probably ringing many many times.

However, who uses landlines these days? We all use mobile phones. Which are a LOT more expensive.

We'd end up paying for it anyway!!

I'm ashamed that I know this, but... it costs a company a small fortune to provide freephone numbers... that is for every call you make to that company its them that gets charged for it. This isn't cheap... the company I work for used to have freephone numbers and has recently scrapped them, as it was costing them millions... that money for me could be spent on other things... the money the beeb uses comes from?.........yup us!!! so if they were to have freephone numbers we'd only have to shell out more for the licence fee!! :D

today's subliminal message is . . .