Unofficial Mills

It's coming from Maidstone!

simon38

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is amazing.

I cant believe its going to be in Maidstone. I live in Chatham which is about 15 mins away from Mote park. I also cant wait to see Chris Moyles as i see him when he did Celebrity Supermarket Sweep.

I also MET Scott Mills and had the last picture before he left for the evenings set which was wicked!!!!!! when he was down in Butlins, Bognor last October.

July's Playboys Playmate

Brilliant, another place I can't get to....... oh well, maybe it's just as well considering it'll be right in the middle of my exams. Has anyone else besides Scouting For Girls been confirmed yet?

Surely that's all part of the fun? Travelling to somewhere different? It's worth it when you see the end line-up usually.

No other bands have been announced, and as with other years, are unlikely to be announce until nearer May.

how do we get tickets , for me and my hubbie ,live in maidstone ,, and ant wait for it to come

Registration for tickets won't be open until around the start of May.

If you join the mailing list on the Big Weekend website you'll be informed when registration begins. Or just keep listening to Radio 1!

The Green party councillors aren't happy with the location and want it changed... typical councillors!

Wendy Lewis, from Maidstone Green Party, said: "We have asked Dan Daley to reconsider the venue for Radio 1's Big Weekend as we believe that Mote Park is the wrong place to hold it.

“We have asked him why Leeds Castle or Detling Showground have not been proposed, as both these venues are set up to cope with this type of event.

"Mote Park and its surrounding streets will not support over 20,000 people travelling to the event each day, there is only one main entrance to the park and the roads to this are minor ones.

“Public transport links to the park are poor, but let's hope that the councillors are considering some form of park and ride. As for people cycling and walking to Mote Park for the event, people are highly unlikely to do in sufficient numbers."

She added: "This appears to be another money-driven initiative by the council with no regard for sensible planning or the people living around the park. Cllr Dan Daley seems happy to boost the economy at any cost."

http://www.kentnews.co.uk/kent-news/Greens-slam-council-over-BBC_s-Big-Weekend-event-newsinkent10016.aspx

The Green party councillors aren't happy with the location and want it changed... typical councillors!

http://www.kentnews.co.uk/kent-news/Greens-slam-council-over-BBC_s-Big-Weekend-event-newsinkent10016.aspx

To be honest, I can see where they're coming from (I pop down to Mote Park most weekends with my mates), it's not ideal for cars etc to get in as there is only one entrance and it's VERY single-file!

I can't see Radio 1 changing the location now though after all the promotion that's been done. I did find it interesting that Chris broadcast from Leeds Castle when he announced it though, as it's barely even in Maidstone, let alone being near Mote Park!

Fingers crossed for tickets, I live just up the road and my mate lives in Maidstone! Quite a good nightlife there too if anyone wants to go out after the show (I don't know how late it goes on until).

James.

I can't see Radio 1 changing the location now though after all the promotion that's been done. I did find it interesting that Chris broadcast from Leeds Castle when he announced it though, as it's barely even in Maidstone, let alone being near Mote Park

Yes, highly unlikely the location will change. I imagine they've fired off promotional material and voiceovers with the location on now.