• New on Unofficial Mills

popbitcher

What sucks in your life?

I think its safe to say there won't be any family get togethers where my Mum's sister is concerned for quite some time (not that we're the type that do "get togethers" anyway).

She is exceptionally forthright with her opinions on facebook, as am I. The difference being that I know where to hold my tongue where some people are concerned. A few weeks ago she was trying to provoke a row with me to do with the government (to long to explain how it started) and stupidly I rose to it but decided to delete it all and sent a private message explaining Mum wouldn't want to read us arguing, her response was pretty short. Then this evening she starts another one with me, decided to misinterpret a status where I questioned why some guys think shouting to women in the street is gonna get their interest, and I said I notice it seems to be done usually by tradesmen and people at the lower end of the social scale. She decides to get abusive to me saying I'm calling tradesmen members of the lower classes even though I didn't.

Phoned Mum to let her know she was kicking off again just incase she read it and thought we were continuing our argument from before, and fortunately I've got her full backing because she understood exatly what I meant and could see my aunt was just trying to look for trouble.

Not impressed with censorship

Days behind in admin., thanks to "the prick" (supervisor) being too ill to attend a meeting?! *splutter*

No word from him as to when the next meeting is. Funny how it is ok for a supervisor to do these things, yet, if I did it, it would be a national bloody crisis.

Delta Machine, Depeche Mode - buy NOW !!

http://youtu.be/59dZzXLPRg0

Bit strange knowing Michael Owen is retiring, I remember watching him score a blistering hat trick vs Germany in 2001. Not the player he was due to injuries, would of been nice to see him break Bobby Charlton's England record but it wasn't to be.

But still a bit sad to see him go, he was one of my childhood hero's. Probably an indication of how old I actually am now though, if his peak moments were that long ago. :(

on the grid.

Just watched the Germany 1-5 England game back for the first time in a while, that team from 2001-04 should of gone on to do better things. Owen, Gerrard, Scholes, Beckham, Ferdinand, Cole etc. The greatest chance England had since 66 of winning the world cup was when Owen put us infront against Brazil in 2002, bottled that. He scored again against Portugal in Euro 2004, but then we lost Rooney in his prime with no decent replacement (Vassell instead of Defoe!?). If we could of won either of those games we had as much chance as anyone else of winning the lot, especially if Greece can win Euro 2004.

They let me down bigstyle when they failed to qualify for Euro 2008 at Wembley, losing 2-3 to Croatia in November 2007 (Steve McClaren with the brolly). And then that twat Capello after. Not sure I'll even watch them on Friday, just not the same anymore for me these days.

on the grid.

Sick of this freezing weather. Checked the weather forecasts for the rest of the week, and the temperatures will NOT improve.

The Island of Arran, across from Ayrshire, has been without power for FOUR days now. Apparently, rather than cars and holidaymakers, the boats across to the Island have been filled with generators to try and get some power for the local residents. Shocking.

The Island of Arran, across from Ayrshire, has been without power for FOUR days now. Apparently, rather than cars and holidaymakers, the boats across to the Island have been filled with generators to try and get some power for the local residents. Shocking.

This actually came as a huge comfort to me, the aunt that I mentioned further up the page lives on that backward little island. The power cuts resulted in no internet and thus she was unable to pester me by either taking issue with anything I had written, or annoy me with her seemingly endless postings about how she hates the government and anything to do with them.

Backward? BACKWARD !!!?? That Island is the jewel in our crown in Ayrshire. Remote though.

Never realised your aunt lived there. Mostly golden oldies that live on that Island. Retired folks mostly. I think they bar the "yoof". :hahaha:

Was having "issues" with the moby again - I have now changed my password online and this seems to have resolved the problem. Technology is so often more of a problem than a solution to anything.

Backward? BACKWARD !!!?? That Island is the jewel in our crown in Ayrshire. Remote though.

I have been there enough times to know the place, and I stand by my original statement. I make no secret of being a city type, the countryside as far as I am concerned is that nasty place you've gotta go through to get from civilised area to civilised area. The reason a lot of country roads are national speed limit is because it means you can get through it quicker ;)

What is the national speed limit?? Well, if it is too fast, it really isn't good enough - the last folk I encountered on a country road who passed me + the bike were later to be seen upside down in a nearby field.

They were OK thankfully.

On another note: the skanky rain means I cannot get out on ma bike, so have to go swimming (yet again). Also had a BIG argument with mum who says I blame her for everything. Not a very good day today.

What is the national speed limit?? Well, if it is too fast, it really isn't good enough - the last folk I encountered on a country road who passed me + the bike were later to be seen upside down in a nearby field.

I'd have written it here, but I think going to this page would just make it a lot easier to understand https://www.gov.uk/speed-limits

Its interesting you say that if it is too fast its not good enough, unfortunatey I have experience that even a low speed accident can still be rather nasty.

Thanx. Very interesting. I still say the guys in the car which passed me were around 100 mph.

I don't think they were too pleased with me when I passed. They had got out of the upsidedown vehicle after smashing through a fence into a field with horses, staggered onto the road..... I was passing on ma bike, and I said (as you do)... "Are you alright?"

As I was leaving, I heard one say.... "Does it look like everything's alright?!?!" ......

I passed again about an hour later only to find them being hauled away by a tractor !! :hahaha:

Had a meeting with an annoying cow. Arrived early (hoping to get away early) - it worked, but she wasn't happy about it.

Discussed a lot of crap and basically she was no help whatsoever, and kept yawning like a loon. Jesus, when someone comes to a meeting at least try and look awake.

Haha, is this thread still going on? Haven't been on UM for ages!

I'm procrastinating revision now, so basically what sucks in my life:EXAAAAAAMS. I have done 16 so far, got another 5 left! ;)

OMASM. Radio presenters are like fruit. Matt is my kumquat and Scott is blatantly my orange.

Haha, is this thread still going on? Haven't been on UM for ages!

To be fair I think the reason its survived this long is because Viv loves to get things off her chest ;)

Yes. Today I have had to change my password because of "filtering" (admin.) and my password was NOT recognised, my neighbour now hates me (because I won't have nookie with him), and my supervisor is a prick who just ticks boxes and does nothing.

My team at work got hauled into a meeting today and were told if some of us didn't volunteer to swap teams or help test out the new system we would get picked. Which would mean no longer finishing at 5.30pm the latest & weekends off which is ideal for having a horse.

Gah I hate that place but have been applying for jobs again now after sprucing up my CV. Fingers crossed.

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson

1. My IT training starts NEXT Monday now. The "supervisor" mucked up the training dates, so I was all set for last Monday, only to find myself on my arse.

2. I approached a "careers type" place to get my C.V. re-done.... (to help with applying for another job) - looked nice and neat, then I realised the person hadn't even spelled my OWN NAME correctly. I mean, WHY would you employ someone who appears not even to be able to spell their own name?!? - have corrected this now.

3. My neighbour I had a brief "liaison" with appears to have moved his girlfriend into the building where I live ... she doesn't appear to be leaving the house, which is ODD?!? (except to randomly tell people off for making noise).

She also has what appears to a "pot plant" next to the front screen of her car with a yellow flower bouncing up and down randomly?!

4. Another neighbour died, and the windows are covered in white "stuff" of some kind..... the house next door is also vacant, yet the landlord has just left everybody to gaze into that property?!!??

Other than the above, I am fine. :-)

Our cat had to be put to sleep on Tuesday.

I'm sick of the general public thinking I'm being unreasonable at work, and I'm also sick of the general public taking the piss and holding me up through their selfish behaviour.

I'm currently on day 5 of a 12 day stretch.

I should be going to the gym but I just don't have the drive this week.

Sorry to her about your cat :( it's horrid when that happens.

People are being moved around at work again, losing 3 people off the team, 1 of whom I sit next to and is a laugh. Lots of changes happening and morale in the whole place is at an all time low. So many people looking for a new job, going to make it harder to find one!

I am Burdened with Glorious Purpose - Loki Laufeyson