Unofficial Mills

24th November 2007 - Buy Nothing Day

Jono

According to www.buynothingday.co.uk:

"Saturday November 24h 2007 is Buy Nothing Day (UK), It's a day where you challenge yourself, your family and friends to switch off from shopping and tune into life. The rules are simple, for 24 hours you will detox from consumerism and live without shopping. Anyone can take part provided they spend a day without spending!"

Now I don't know about you, but I don't really spend that much anyway. But with Christmas around the corner I imagine a lot of people will be. So do you think you could do it? Or another ridiculous day? Doesn't seem to be linked to any charity or organisation.

I don't spend much on saturdays unless we do the weekly shop then because I don't tend to leave the house, apart from to go to the shop across the road maybe. I don't think there's much point though, people will just buy more the other days. It's like the not buying petrol day people keep joining on Facebook, you can not buy petrol for a day, but it's not a protest, because people will just panic buy beforehand.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'