Unofficial Mills

Am I too impatient?

Jono

Everything this summer seems to be taking an age to arrive. Maybe it's just me, but when they say it's being delivered by Royal Mail it's usually one or two days. But this summer it seems to be at least four days I wait for mail!

Now I know they did that silly little strike a few weeks back for a day, but how does that effect mail three weeks later? It's useless ordering birthday presents unless you give it a good week now :| Paying the £3 delivery charges I expect to have it here within the 1-2 days. Not a week later!

I have NO sympathy, sorry Jono. I'm INCREDIBLY impatient at the moment.:x

You try living a normal life in a holiday resort like Torremolinos in August!

Roads, streets, pavements, supermarkets, hospitals, parking spaces, beach... (I could go on)

FULL of (lobster coloured) idiot foreigners who can't drive on the right side of the road, take up my possible parking spaces, form a huge queue in front of me at the supermarket with a trolley full of bacardi and frozen pizzas, when I only have a lettuce and a bottle of wine in my basket...

The worst of all is that they are on holiday! I'm working! And it's really hot here....

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

It's not just Spain! I live in Norfolk on the coast. It's exactly the same here, infact I imagine any tourist attraction is like that this time of the year. All the newspapers here seem to moan about the streets full of toruists, the lack of car parking spaces, etc.

Agree 100 percent. They chat to their mates, give you a 'what-are-you-wasting-my-time-for?' look, then throw your groceries through the till. I mind the most when it's my eggs and fruit!

grrrrrrrrrrrr as well!:x

I always smile and try to be friendly with them....

What can you do?

'To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity'.

Jono, I know exactly where you're coming from. Amazon dispatched my DVDs on 1st July. Been waiting a week now and I know it's their Super Saver delivery, but it shouldn't take this long, they still haven't arrived.

I sent a birthday present to my friend First Class on Friday, only got there yesterday, which thankfully was his birthday. First Class should not take 4 days when it costs me £2.92. Stupid stupid post. I can't buy things in the shops because they have no stock but I can't buy them online because they don't get delivered.

I am somewhat worried about my Leeds tickets as I need them within 2 weeks and they haven't been dispatched yet.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'

Know the feeling... when I bought my mum a CD off Amazon for her birthday, I ordered it in the week before her birthday but it was late dispatching and I didn't get it until about 2 days after her birthday. Thanks Amazon. :x Thankfully my mum understood when I explained it to her, haha.

So save the last dance

For me my love 'cause I

I see you as an angel freshly fallen from the sky...

Everything this summer seems to be taking an age to arrive. Maybe it's just me, but when they say it's being delivered by Royal Mail it's usually one or two days. But this summer it seems to be at least four days I wait for mail!

Now I know they did that silly little strike a few weeks back for a day, but how does that effect mail three weeks later?

Its the same all over I think.

I sent a letter last Tuesday i think, to Chesire, it only got there today.

Mum said that there are strikes still happening now, all over.

Charli's in love with the new Panic At The Disco album

They are still striking you know.

Friday last week and Friday this week too.

I didn't know that. I knew they'd striked the other week, because they'd announced it in the newspaper, but I've not read anything since.

I havent had mine yet, Lucinda. I think they get sent on Monday? I may be completely wrong though

I just checked on SeeTickets and mine were dispatched today, so hopefully they will arrive tomorrow or the day after. Nice guessing there.

I'm still waiting on the DVDs from Amazon. Ordered on 29th July, current delivery estimate is 8th-13th August. It really shouldn't take that long and they keep changing the delivery estimate, despite them apparently being dispatched nearly 2 weeks ago. Stupid Amazon.

'Forget happiness I'm fine, I'll forget everything in time'